Military Families
Options

back to Back deployments blow..

I love being a Navy Wife.. it's the best thing in the world to be married to your super hero... BUUUUUTTTTTT this whole back to back deployment schedule sucks.. When hubby last left in NOV I was 19 weeks preggers.. came home to a 5 week old and now leaving when our LO is 6 months.. It just sucks.. lol.. I'm going home this deployment so I can be home for Holidays and her Birthday and then moving back to SD into military housing all by myself.. anyone have any advice or just want to rant with me? lol.. gotta love the military! =] <3

Re: back to Back deployments blow..

• Options

They do blow! I feel your pain.

Hubby has been AD Air Force for over 7 years now and he crossed over to the "dark" side, getting commissioned in Feb. He left Nov. 1 for OTS came home in Feb to take me to our new base in Belgium (I had to do all the actual PCS stuff by myself, packing and getting car shipped and getting medically cleared to PCS). Then he left two weeks after that for more training, was home for a month and then left AGAIN for MORE training and is still gone. He wont get home until the end of next month. I got to visit him beginning July (when I got KUed) and in Jan he leaves again. I'm tired of him being gone. :(

I hope you have safe travels and the only advice I can give you based on my experience with the military and doing it without the AD member is to be patient. I got the run around from EVERYONE while hubby was gone. They all told me they couldn't do anything without him there EVEN though I had a POA that was not limited.

Ok my rant is over. :)

• Options

They sure do.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's definitely a big bummer! I feel your pain. My husband leaves very soon and won't be back until next year. *sigh* Just me and the 1, 3, and 5 year old kids!
    My blog! Our kids: Natalie 6 Colton 4 Adelyn 1 1/2 Easton Si Hu (in Korea) 1 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    thanks Ladies.. oh and I know PCSing is terrible.. they gave me SUCH a hard time when i was moving out here.. my hubby has been on 3 deployments in the last 2 years.. a 3 month and then a 6 month and now another 6 month one.. it sucks lol.. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"