Blended Families

Who does this? My ex husband apparently! (long, forgive me)

This is going to sound crazy... because it is. 

Last night I received a call from my ex, asking me for his "blessing" because he is getting married. That's great, right? Wrong, IMO. This is how the conversation went.

Idiot: Hey, I know it's really late, but I am calling for your blessing. Shell and I are getting married Saturday.

Me: Who?

Idiot: Shell.

Me: Ok, I don't know who that is, but shouldn't she meet our kids before you get married?

Idiot: I don't think it matters, she has four kids I haven't met.

Me: Where did you pick this one up at?

Idiot: Waffle House. She's a waitress.

Me: Who is paying for the divorce? She won't be able to afford it working at the Waffle House. (I paid for our divorce)

Idiot: We aren't getting divorced. Can you act like an adult? 

Me: Can you think like an adult? Why Saturday? Don't you want the kids at the wedding? (We live 9 hours apart, so it would take a little notice for me to get the kids there)

Idiot: Not every woman has to have a huge wedding like you. (He hung up)

Is it just me, or is something wrong with this situation? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who does this? My ex husband apparently! (long, forgive me)

• LMAO @ Waffle House!
  • And I'm still trying to figure out why he's asking you to bless this.  What if you said no? Then he won't marry her??

I'm confused by this.

• Loading the player...
  • image+j+k+:

And I'm still trying to figure out why he's asking you to bless this.  What if you said no? Then he won't marry her??

I'm confused by this.

I think I made it clear I am not "blessing" anything. I am sure he is still going to marry her. The only thing that I care about is my kids. He has not seen DD#2 since Christmas, and has no plans to see her before Thanksgiving where he will have her and DS for a week. Not only will she have to deal with exH, but his new wife too. 

• Waffle House!!?!?!?

Are they going to have a Waffle House wedding like this charming couple?

• imagencsu4ganneWed38430:

Waffle House!!?!?!?

this is all I could think about and I can't stop laughing.
  • I like the way you titled him  Idiot: 

I think it's hysterical for him to comment about you having a big wedding.  Like his dumb azz had nothing to do with it.  Douche.

• imageFloF9:

I like the way you titled him  Idiot: 

I think it's hysterical for him to comment about you having a big wedding.  Like his dumb azz had nothing to do with it.  Douche.

It does sound like a bad country song!! LMAO at the pictures!

When I married exH we were young, and had a small wedding. But a nice wedding none the less.

I think what he is referring to is my wedding with DH. My dress probably cost more than she gets in tips in a year :) I did have a big wedding. He will probably marry waffle house lady at the back of the trailer park. 

• imageLadybug720:
    imageFloF9:

When I married exH we were young, and had a small wedding. But a nice wedding none the less.

I think what he is referring to is my wedding with DH. My dress probably cost more than she gets in tips in a year :) I did have a big wedding. He will probably marry waffle house lady at the back of the trailer park. 

I hope their trailer is big enough for all 6 kids!

• imagehterry85:
    imageLadybug720:
    imageFloF9:

Ehhhhh.. don't remind me! It makes me sick to think I have to share my kids with such stupid people 

• imagehterry85:
    imageLadybug720:
    imageFloF9:

Ehhhhh.. don't remind me! It makes me sick to think I have to share my kids with such stupid people 

• In my younger days when I used to frequent the Waffle House (what? I grew up kinda country), there was a jukebox that had some real songs like you heard on the radio and some "Waffle House" themed songs. One of them was called "Special Lady at the Waffle House." Maybe you could recommend that song for their first dance? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ok, I found the song on You Tube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCfNB_qfl9Y

Definitely a first dance kinda song! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think I just busted a rib.

• lol at you saying who is paying for the divorce!

Sorry your ex sounds like a total jerk

• I just posted that song on my FB wall... Surely his mom and sister will be thrilled :P

I really wish I was creative enough to make something like this up. I did not realize that *** this ridiculous could take place in my life. 

• OMG, I am so sorry this is your kid's life we are laughing about but this is the funniest post I have read in 9 years on these boards!

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imageLittlejen22:

OMG, I am so sorry this is your kid's life we are laughing about but this is the funniest post I have read in 9 years on these boards!

Do I get an award for that Jen? But really, it is hard not to laugh and want to cry at the same time. In all reality, I have dug up enough on this woman that once he marries her tomorrow, I will be calling my lawyer on Monday. He is not an active parts of my children's life, and he has not met her kids, because she lost custody. He has visitation two weeks of the year. Surely, my lawyer can help me eliminate the problem, because I don't think the kids would be safe in her care. Track record is crap. I love being from a small town.

• I went to a waffle house once. I ordered chicken Burger something or other. I only got through one bite. Ew. When I think I Of that place it makes me want to yack. Belch. Sounds like a perfect match w all those kids no one has bothered to meet. Douchelords...
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Waffle House breakfast is awesome!
    I went to a wedding in Kentucky years back, and after a looong day/night of drinking a group of 8 of us ended up at WH. The waitress's brought our check and very dramatically announced "y'all ain't gonna like this. I think this is the biggest check I have ever seen".
    The check was $60. For 8.
  • imagexmaryrickx:
    imagencsu4ganneWed38430:

Waffle House!!?!?!?

this is all I could think about and I can't stop laughing.

It's always been running joke with my college frinds that the prerequisite for being a WH waitress was that you had to be missing at least one tooth, the more noticable the better.

Is it bad that when my stepdaughter told me that her mom's favorite all time restaurant is Waffle House that I had to bite my bottom lip to keep from laughing? Believe me, she looks like it.Devil

• I..I...honestly I'm at a loss for words.
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"