Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Dog jumped on uterus

I know the baby is "well protected," but this morning my 40 pound dog rared up on me and his paw hit me right in the uterus where the baby is.  I always cramp during the day, so there's been a little of that, but nothing out of the ordinary, and no bleeding or anything.  I felt kind of silly, but I called the nurse just so I don't have to worry all weekend, and the receptionist treated me like I was stupid for even calling in.  She said, "Okaaaaaaay."  I don't know if she'll even give the nurse the message.  So how protected IS the baby at 16 weeks?  I know it's probably not behind my pubic bone anymore.  I do have an anterior placenta, so that is probably what the dog hit.  I worry about him doing something to the sac or placenta, and causing it to slowy leak, or something like that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dog jumped on uterus

• Options
    I can't believe the receptionist treated you like that! It never hurts to put in a call to the doctor's office. I think the baby should still be pretty well protected. My friend's 50 lb dog jumped on my stomach at 15 weeks and everything has been fine. I would still take it easy today just to be on the safe side.
    BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had my DD jump right on my belly earlier this week. I called and the nurse called back some hours later and said not to worry that baby is well protected but if any signs of discomfort call back.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both of our dogs have done this too, and one weighs 50lbs and the other 60. I was worried about this too! DH was even at the point where he asked me if we wanted to get rid of the dogs because he was worried they will hurt me. I told him I didn't think it was necessary, and at my last appointment everything was fine!
  • Options

Assuming you aren't having any new pain or bleeding, its probably fine.  If you are worried, be sure they see you though (nice of the receptionist to judge, grrr).

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    No unusual pain/cramping? No bleeding? I'm pretty sure you're good, B. Yes

12 long, hard years of TTC-
    Miscarriages, losses, lots of treatments & drugs & IVF

Natural BFP (WTF?!) - 06/04/11 ~ lots of complication and drama, but sweet baby Adele born 02/07/12!

BFP #million -another girl for us! EDD - 05-08-15 (but will come early)

• Options

imageEntropicEpona:
    No unusual pain/cramping? No bleeding? I'm pretty sure you're good, B. Yes

This!

Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Options
    My 73-pound dog jumped on my lower stomach last weekend when she was trying to get on the bed to lie down next to me. I was concerned for a while, but I've been okay this week other than light cramps, which I think are normal or are because I need to stop wearing my regular jeans.
  • Options
    LO is tucked in tight with a nice cushion of fluid and the layers of abdominal muscle still surrounding...so in the absence of new symptoms, I suspect all is well.  ((Hugs)) though, as that is scary!

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I always try and keep in mind how hard they push down to do the sonograms.  Sometimes it's pretty hard!  I know it's a completely different situation, but keeping that in mind has helped my perspective a little bit.

I also think that if you're feeling OK and not experiencing anything out of the ordinary, you're probably just fine. 

Wish the staff at our OB's offices would humor us and not be judgemental.  It's not easy to be in our shoes!!!

BFP #1 7/21/10; Dx EP 8/2/10 - lost right tube ~ Myomectomy to remove fibroids - 11/12/10 ~ BFP #2 - 2/8/11 (EDD - 10/21/11) ~ C-Section on 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, yall!  And you're right about them pressing hard on u/s, Danie!  That's a good point. 

The nurse called me back and was so nice.  I told her that I didn't have any NEW cramps, just the same old twinges and stuff as always, and no discharge or bleeding.  I was hoping she'd reassure me then, but she said, "OK!  I'll tell the dr and call you back!"  So now I'm waiting for a second call.  I'm feeling better about it as the day goes on, esp with no discharge, but I can't wait to go home and use my doppler!

Oh, and DH freaked out.  He's had enough and wants the dogs to be outside dogs now.  I'm not ready to take that step, but I'm going to have to keep them from jumping on me somehow.  I've already tried kneeing and stepping on paws, and the bigger dog doesn't jump as much anymore, but the 40lb puppy is so hyper!  A shock collar seems cruel but we've used it before to get them to come and I wonder if that would work, if I gave him a zap every time he jumped up?

ETA:  Nurse called back again.  OB says that if there's no severe cramping, bleeding, or unusual discharge, it sounds fine, because the baby is well protected! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"