Secondary IF

Acupuncture

People have been recommending acupuncture to me for months and I have resisted because I tried it to induce labor with DS and it didn't work.  Well, I finally gave in and went to my first appointment for acu for fertility.  The acupuncturist told me that my body has a lot of emptiness and lack of blood from my m/c and that I need to replenish my blood, kidney and spleen qi.  He also recommended I eliminate dairy from my diet and gave me some herbs to try, and put a semi-permanent needle in my ear.

I do think that my body needs some healing, physically and emotionally, before I'll be able to conceive again, so I agree there.  I'm also feeling a little more positive in general.  However, some of the spots where I had the needles are a little painful, almost like the needle is still poking me.

Sorry, this post got kind of long!  Anyone else have any experience with acupuncture?   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Acupuncture

• I did acupuncture the month I conceived DD, in combination with fertility treatments.  I LOVED it.  I was a huge skeptic before, but I have recommended it to several friends since.  I really want to go back, but it's pricey.  My new insurance might give a small discount, but even with that I'm not sure I could comfortably budget weekly visits.   If I go back to the RE next month, I'll probably try to do a few visits in coordination with whatever treatment I do with him. 
  • I have two friends who conceived using acupuncture.  My RE recommended it.  I don't believe in everything and the needles can hurt, but I really enjoy it.  It's so relaxing.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's actually a good thing that you still "feel" the needles after they've been taken out. My acupuncturist was very pleased when I told her this (sometimes it was hard to drive home because of the ache in my wrists after treatment). She said that everything is working like it's supposed to if you are able to feel those sensations after the fact.

I've tried acu tons of times, but actually went to a Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine for acu during IF treatments and I've only ever had good results with her. I also took the herbs and felt more amazing than I had in years. The acu and herbs really helped my cycle and the pain I was having from it (I know it doesn't work for everyone). I'm a believer and I figure there's no harm in trying.

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I got KU with DD while doing accupuncture. I haven't been able to do it regularly this summer because we've been so busy and I've been hitting the gym 5 days a week. But, if this cycle doesn't work out, I will have to hit it hard again. Thinking of starting herbs, too.

I really hope that this is the ticket to getting your body back to normal. I am looking forward to an update on your beta once starting this process. Good luck!

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Thanks everybody!  It's great to hear the positive experiences and also to know that it's good to still feel it after the needles come out.  I also have some bruising on my lower abdomen today but from what I understand that is normal.  So far I just feel tired, but the acupuncturist told me to expect that.  I am a little nervous about the cost though, I'm supposed to go twice a week for the first 4 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"