Pre-School and Daycare

Is your 3 year old going to preschool?

My daughter is 3 years 5 months and I am thinking about sending her to preschool...  So I am wondering what other mums are doing with their three year olds...  I would really like her to have more peer interaction, but am nervous about leaving her with strangers (she has never been with anyone but me or her dad, except aunts/grandparents when my son was born)...  Thoughts?  Input?

Re: Is your 3 year old going to preschool?

• yes. DD1 started preschool last year at 2.5. She absolutely LOVES it! In fact, DD2 will be starting this year at almost 2y/o. First, because I know they love it. And secondly, because I'm a better mom when I get a little break from them Wink. DD1 will be going 3 mornings a week this year. DD2 will be going 2 mornings/week.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • My guys started PS when they were 3.5 and did great.  They were going twice a week in the morning - this year they will be going three mornings a week.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Loading the player...
  • I started DS1 in preschool at 2? years.  He will be starting his second year in a few weeks and we are both really excited for it.  Wink  My kids are the same way in that they are never apart from either myself, DH or my mom.  We don't 'hire' babysitters.  He did just fine though and absolutely adored his teachers.  I don't at all regret putting him in preschool at that age.  He learned and grew so much and it's been fun to watch him form bonds with the other kids as well.
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My DS is starting preschool in a couple weeks. It will only be one day a year this year and will be going with our daycare's son. I was hoping this would help pull him out of his shell a little. Also, the transistion will hopefully be a little easier as his "best friend" will be attending too.
  • Yes, DS is starting school in two weeks. This is his first time away from me (except with daddy or family members), but he's been to school as a trial a couple of times and has done really well.

• DD is starting preschool next month.  It's 2 days/wk for 3 hours each day.  We're doing it for socialization more than anything.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We started at 2 1/2 for Harmon and will start right on the twins 3rd birthday for them.  I think 2 1/2 is a little young (if I could have held him till January I would have but it was Aug start or nothing) but 3 is perfect.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • DD went last year two weeks shy of her third birthday two mornings a week. This year she goes 3 days 9-1.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• DS1 starts on Wednesday. He will go three mornings a week.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Not this year, probably next year. For now we have music class, storytime, and lots of playdates.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes, she did. DD just turned 4 in July and started her 2nd year of preschool last week.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not this year. He just turned 3 last month, and he's with my DH during the day and me in the afternoon/nights (we work opposite schedules). We want him home a little longer with us (once they go to school they're basically 'gone forever, LOL!) , and we don't want the extra bill right now when we're saving for a house. We'll probably start him next year at this time? We'll see -- maybe sooner.
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • DD turned 3 in July and started preschool this week (1 month later).  I was very nervous, because she is a "young" 3, but she had a great time in school so far.  She knows mostly everything on the curriculum (academic wise), but she needed to be in school to learn to socialize with her peers.  Also, she needed to learn how to be more independent.  My ILs have watched DD since she was 6 weeks old, so this is her first time being away from family.  To be honest, I think it was harder on us than it was on her.  She seems to like it alot.

FYI: She is in a school that is Pre-K3 through 12th grade (it's a private Christian school), so if we want, we can leave her here until she graduates from high school.  I am strongly leaning towards that decision because I absolutely love her school, the teachers, the curriculum, and the fact that she can pray and learn about God during the school day.

• My son will be 4 in December & he will start preschool next month. My mom watches him during the week & he is the only child she keeps so he needs the interaction with other kids.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS1 was in daycare which had a preschool cirriculum.

At 3 years and 11 months, earliest allowable for his bday, he started PreK3. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, he started last year when he was 2 1/2.  He is going 3 mornings a week 9-12 and will start going to lunch bunch until 2 in a few weeks.  He loves it!  He is so excited to go to school on the days he has school.  There are a few kids in his class this year, who like yours were never left with anyone other than family and they are all doing great.  I would suggest touring a lot of schools and meeingt the teachers.  When you find the right school, you will know.
  • My daughter started a few weeks ago. She will be going five days a week, from 9-2:45. It is a year round school, so she will have breaks every few months (like 2-3 weeks off) and six weeks off in the summer.

She absolutely loves it and adjusted pretty quickly. I was a SAHM to her for three years, and she didn't have a problem being with other people.

• Yup, started last week!  Iam a SAHM and it was long overdue for him to be stimulated in a new way!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Yep.We're still 2 days a week this year, but will go to 4 at 4, and then he'll be full time kindergarten at 5.  He's been in a MDO program for two years, though, so preschool was a no brainer for us this year.
    m/c feb 07 ~ m/c twins oct 08 ~ Duncan Thomas: born to heaven 5/19/09 - m/c jan 11

My Blog

• DS started preschool at 2y3m for 3 mornings a week for 4 hours.  He had previously spent days with my mom while DH and I worked and it was a rough rough transition for him.  But a year later, he loves school and is now going 4 days a week, with one 7 hour day and 3 four hour days.  He's learned a ton and gets a lot of peer interaction, which was very important to me since he's an only child and needs it badly.
  • DD started preschool about a month before her third birthday.  She went to two different schools each for two days a week for 2.5 hours - I visited both schools and liked both, so I decided to try them out and if it was too much for her I could withdraw her from one.  It ended up being great for her - she was a little clingy the first couple of weeks but usually one of the teachers would sit her in her lap when I left and she got over my absence pretty quickly.  She was the youngest at both schools, but she liked school and did well in the classroom environment, and I think it really helped with her socialization and verbal skills.

I've been a SAHM the whole time, and while DD had stayed for extended periods of time with DH's family (as long as 12 days the summer before she started school), she hadn't been in a school environment or stayed with babysitters very often, so it was an adjustment for her.  But I think she was ready.

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • DS#1 is in PK3 this year for 3 half days. He did PK2 last year for 3 half days a week and loved it.  I think he would have been happy w/5 days this year, but he has fun playing w/DS#2 and I didn't want to do that many days yet.  I also started school when I was 2 (at the same school DS#1 goes to) and loved it. DS#1 had only been with myself, his dad and my mom. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"