Snarky and T-TTC

One more Doppler ? (sorry!)

For those that have one...how often do you use it? Is once a day too much, at the point I am? Thanks!! Sorry to be a pain. Can you tell I'm a smidge paranoid?
TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
TESE for DH 08/09/09
ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: One more Doppler ? (sorry!)

• I don't think once a day is too much. And don't worry about how much you are worrying ;). I loved to listen to the heartbeat right before bed. It should only be a few weeks until you start feeling movement, right? Then, hopefully that will help ease your mind.

I was very paranoid my entire pregnancy, so I tried to break it up into small pieces - making it to 2nd tri, halfway, age of viability, etc, etc. (Then I had to be induced 10 days late :P ) I think that helped, as well as reminding myself that the odds were that everything was going to be okay.

I don't know if this helps, but you lost Baby A around a very common time for someone to m/c - I think it usually happens around that time because there is something genetically "wrong" (at least, that's how my RE explained it to me). You are past that point with Baby B. I remember my therapist told me I was allowed to get excited once I heard the h/b after 11 weeks ;) And you've had a successful prior pregnancy, so I think that would lower your risk of a later m/c.

(((hugs)))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Glad you were able to find the heartbeat earlier! I don't think there's a point where it's ever too much. If you feel like hearing it then go for it!
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMainer-in-Texas:

I don't think once a day is too much. And don't worry about how much you are worrying ;). I loved to listen to the heartbeat right before bed. It should only be a few weeks until you start feeling movement, right? Then, hopefully that will help ease your mind.

I was very paranoid my entire pregnancy, so I tried to break it up into small pieces - making it to 2nd tri, halfway, age of viability, etc, etc. (Then I had to be induced 10 days late :P ) I think that helped, as well as reminding myself that the odds were that everything was going to be okay.

I don't know if this helps, but you lost Baby A around a very common time for someone to m/c - I think it usually happens around that time because there is something genetically "wrong" (at least, that's how my RE explained it to me). You are past that point with Baby B. I remember my therapist told me I was allowed to get excited once I heard the h/b after 11 weeks ;) And you've had a successful prior pregnancy, so I think that would lower your risk of a later m/c.

(((hugs)))

Thanks Mainer.  What you said about losing Baby A is exactly what the doctor said; something was just wrong with the baby.  And I know in my head that I am past that crucial stage with B.  But I've always been someone who lets the emotional side get the better of her, and that has me running scared.  I can only hope with a little more time that I will be more at ease, esp when I start feeling movement.  But your kind words mean so much and help me to feel better about what I'm feeling  :)
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Once a day is fine. I used it at least that at that point.  Just don't do it for like an hour at a time. I would find it, listen for a few seconds and stop. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"