Parenting after 35

Alright 80's music fans... come out of hiding!

I'm going to see Mix Tape tomorrow with some friends - its a musical featuring 80's music.  The promo says: music of Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Dire Straits, Journey, Paul Simon, The Cure, U2, Amy Grant, Duran Duran, the B52s, Tears for Fears, Billy Joel, Madonna, Sting, Michael Jackson. 

Who would you most like to see?  I'm going to have to say Cyndi Lauper, who is not on the list, but I'm hoping they play some of her songs.  I used to live for "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"!  What's crazy is she is touring right now!  So if they don't play some of her stuff or its no good, I might have to get tix for the real deal.  I was a huge Cure and U2 fan also, but I'm not sure how well they could be covered, KWIM?

And I realize I'm being a post-Wh$#@ today, having a slow day at work ;P  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Alright 80's music fans... come out of hiding!

• There are no Hair Bands on that list!  How can they cover the 80's and not include Def Lepoard, Bon Jovi, etc?  Heresy!

Too funny that you post this though. I am participating in a Juke Box-Off tomorrow - basically you are competing against others to see who's juke box selections are picked as the best.  The evite design was a mixed tape!

Off to feather my hair and tuck my jeans into my socks.

• That sounds like so much fun! I would most like to see Peter Gabriel. I also love INXS and The Smiths!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The Cure, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, B52's and Erasure would be my biggies.
  • I always had this mythical "list" of bands/people I must see before I die.  Most of them have been checked off... REM, Replacements, U2, Peter Gabriel, They Might Be Giants, Sting (better yet, the Police), the Cure, Sonic Youth.

The big one that still eludes me is Fleetwood Mac.  I would leave my husband for Lindsey Buckingham.  Heck.. I'd even leave him for Stevie Nicks, too!  HA   Would also love to see Prince.

• imageBrideBuddies:

I always had this mythical "list" of bands/people I must see before I die.  Most of them have been checked off... REM, Replacements, U2, Peter Gabriel, They Might Be Giants, Sting (better yet, the Police).

The big one that still eludes me is Fleetwood Mac.  I would leave my husband for Lindsey Buckingham.  Heck.. I'd even leave him for Stevie Nicks, too!  HA   Would also love to see Prince.

How the heck did I forget REM or TMBG??? ::hangs head in shame::
  • I want to see any and all! Prince, Whitesnake, Fleetwood Mac, Genesis, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Bruce (!), Billy Idol, Billy Joel, U2, Pat Benatar and on, and on, and on............................
  • imagestever:
    imageBrideBuddies:

I always had this mythical "list" of bands/people I must see before I die.  Most of them have been checked off... REM, Replacements, U2, Peter Gabriel, They Might Be Giants, Sting (better yet, the Police).

How the heck did I forget REM or TMBG??? ::hangs head in shame::

I think that TMBG have a new album out and are on tour.

• imageracampbell1:

And I realize I'm being a post-Wh$#@ today, having a slow day at work ;P  

I think you are trying hard to graduate as a silver poster:) You are on a good way, good luck!

Anyways, sadly enough I have seen only U2 (#1 on my list, and that was recently). I almost saw Sting (#2) and the next top 3 that II want to see Paul Simon, REM, RHCP. There is still hope I guess, as long as my wish is not to see Michael Jackson:)  

• mwdmwd member

How about Annie Lenox? The Clash?  I saw Sting and Annie Lenox touring together, so awesome! 

As for Prince, I'm originally from Mpls.  We used to drive around the lakes there looking for him.  For a guy that was way shorter than me, but could walk in heels way better!

• Luckily I've been able to see most of the bands I adored in the 80s, but New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen and The Smiths are on my dream list.
  • Love Cyndi Lauper, Duran, Def Lep, Bon Jovi, the Cure, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, Metallica, Kate Bush etc
  • Oh and how could I forget my faves of my earlier teens: Wham and A-ha :)
  • Definitely George Michael and Wham!
  • I'm seeing Duran Duran for the umpteenth time (lost count) in October.  Always were my favorite band--and will remain so for nostalgia, even though their current music isn't my style.

I am glad I saw The Police in 2007 -- when DH and I were just dating. I've seen Sting solo several times.

And I'll be forever grateful for seeing INXS while Michael Hutchence was alive. I'm pretty picky about concerts now. I used to go to a LOT of them.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"