Pregnant after a Loss

Seriously. How much Colace can I take?

Does anyone know?  I plan to ask my OB at my appt next week, but this is the only thing that is helping me go right now.  I have tried everything....fiber, fruit, water, etc., etc.  I have been limiting it to one dose per week (bottle says you can take up to 3 pills in each dose, and I have been taking 2.)  I am literally only going on the days when I take it though, so I would like to take it more often.  The bottle doesn't seem to say a max dose (I have the Target brand.)  Any help is appreciated, I am miserable!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Seriously. How much Colace can I take?

• With DD I took one pill per day. I found that if I kept it consistent like that everything ran much more smoothly than if I only took it when I really needed it. That's what my OB recommended too.
  • I have no advice, but I'm sorry you're so miserable!  Hope you find some relief soon!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BFP #1 - 5/15/10, EDD 2/11/11, missed m/c no heartbeat at u/s, D&C 7/14/10 BFP #2 - 3/14/11, EDD 11/25/11, natural m/c at 5 wks BFP #3 - 4/27/11, DD born 12/14/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I took Colace (100 mg) daily till about 24 weeks, at which point the mass quantities of fresh seasonal berries and cherries and water I was consuming seemed to knock my colon back into shape.  Good luck. 

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I know some women who have taken 1 pill/day.  Hope it gets better soon!
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • Ugh.  Constipation sucks.  You honestly have to be careful with Colace, b/c it leaches out the water that would go to you and your baby for your poo, so drink more water if you take more pills.

If it gets to the part where you just.can't.poo.  Go to the ER and they should help "get things moving".  We had to do that early on.  It was awful but things started moving and it was oh so much better!

Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • I also take 1 a day, right before bed.  My OB gave me the OK that it was fine.
  • I take colace 1/day per OB's instructions. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • I'm sorry you are so miserable.  I hope you find something that does the trick.  I think D&D has a good point about taking a smaller dose consistently every day.  
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • I just found out I am anemic so I have to take iron pills which causes constipation so my doctor told me to also start taking Colace, one pill twice a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My OB had me take 2/day.  I thought the max dose was 3/day.  I always took mine at night, though it does help to split the dose up so it keeps things rolling.  I also took a triple dose of Metamucil on MWF of each week to keep things moving.  I hate to tell you this but it's even worse with breastfeeding. 
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"