D.C. Area Babies

WWYD? Weekend trip plans

We are supposed to go to a wedding north of Philly this Saturday.  Our plan was to go up Friday, stay at a hotel near South Philly, as the ILs live there, drive up to the area of the wedding (5pm)  on Sat, have the ILs watch LO for the wedding, and we stay at the hotel that has the wedding block while ILs drive home, and then Sunday drive to the ILs and stay overnight near them again.  Drive home Monday.

With the impending storm, looks like all we're going to get here in DC is rain.  But Philly looks like it's going to get hit early Sunday morning through Monday.

This is DS's godmother who is getting married.  Although he is not invited, DH is very good friends with her and it would obviously suck to cancel this late since I"m sure she's paid in full for everything already.  

I am trying not to make a final decision until tomorrow around noon (which is when we'd leave), but it's not looking good.

WWYD?

Re: WWYD? Weekend trip plans

• I'd go and just plan to stay til Tuesday if need be.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • I'd try to go. You'll have a better time at the wedding than sitting in your house without any power! It looks like the storm should pass by Monday.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd probably go but plan to hunker down with/near the ILs if the weather gets dangerous.  It would be a shame to miss the wedding of someone who's such a close friend if the weather doesn't end up as bad as feared.
    imageimageimage
  • imageWinesNot Whines:
    I'd try to go. You'll have a better time at the wedding than sitting in your house without any power! It looks like the storm should pass by Monday.

I thought about this, and then thought we'd have an easier time with LO if we stayed home and had all his usual comforts to entertain him than being stuck in a hotel or at the ILs with limited supplies?

• Either the hotel or your ILs = new place to explore.  That should help.  Dole out the toys only every so often so you can keep something "new" (a forgotten toy from home) in reserve for later.  I don't feel bad about using the TV out of desperation.  An hour a day of Nick Jr. got us through our last vacation (with DD getting up an hour or two earlier than usual).

imageimageimage
  • DH is afraid we're going to be stuck in the hotel's basement or just stuck if the hotel ends up evacuating or if Philly gets a more direct hit, since the models are now saying it's supposed to reach landfall at the Delaware beaches, southern NJ.  Which, I guess is a good point.  I told him it's ultimately his call b/c it's his friend. He's definitely leaning towards no. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"