2nd Trimester

sore throat every am when I wake up???

Every morning when I wake up (and when I am up through the night) I have a bad post-nasal sore throat. After I'm up and brush teeth, etc. it's gone and isn't there throughout the day. My OB says it's normal from all the mouth breathing and things that pregnant women do, but it's been going on for a couple of months now and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or if I should go see an ENT just to make sure?  

Re: sore throat every am when I wake up???

• I know being stuffed up and nasally is very common in 2nd trimester - as well as post-nasal drip. Sounds like what you're going through is very normal and I don't think you need to see an ENT unless it gets worse or you're really uncomfortable throughout the day (which doesn't seem to be the case if it gets better after brushing your teeth).
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't get sore throat but did have a very stuffy nose.  Try getting a saline nasal spray and use it before bed so you can breathe better at night, that might help.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been having this bad the past week or so...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I keep a bottle of water in bed with me for this very reason. I usually take around 5 sips throughout the night and my throat isn't as sore in the am. 
  • You could be snoring.  It's common with pregnancy.
  • I have this as well as the wonderful nasal congestion.  In my case some of it might be from mouth breathing to get sufficient air but I think that some of it might be thyroid related for me.  Yesterday my MW noticed that I had a goiter, which is tender to touch on the outside of the throat (no scarves or the like touching my throat because it is too sensitive) so today's it's of to the dr to see what's going on.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been having a sore throat every am for about a week now. i asked my dr and he said its common bc of everything that has increased to get to baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Tbh, I think you're fine.

I'm having this issue, too -- keeping a large (full!!) glass of water by the bedside and drinking half to 3/4 of it every night has pretty much taken care of it.

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It may very well instead be acid reflux...  That's what I found out from my ENT... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"