October 2011 Moms

band-aid over the belly button?

I have had to put a band-aid over my belly button a couple of times when I wore tight clothing. But both times it has discolored my outie belly button and made it really dark. Is this something I shouldn't be doing? My DH said I was suffocating the baby...lol.

Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
IT'S A GIRL!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
#2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
Lilypie Maternity tickers
VOTE on my Name List
I don't take one single minute for granted.

Re: band-aid over the belly button?

• imagejiffy-pop:

I have had to put a band-aid over my belly button a couple of times when I wore tight clothing. But both times it has discolored my outie belly button and made it really dark. Is this something I shouldn't be doing? My DH said I was suffocating the baby...lol.

LOL Stick out tongue

I don't know what to do, I'm not there yet...but when I do get there I'd like to know others' responses.

• LOL....i have never heard of anything like this (meaning the belly button getting dark).  mine has been outtie for awhile, it doesn't bother me so i just leave it alone. 

if you wear a tight shirt can't you see the shape of the band aid through it?  that would bother me more!!

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Loading the player...
  • imageshediva1:
    imagejiffy-pop:

LOL Stick out tongue

I don't know what to do, I'm not there yet...but when I do get there I'd like to know others' responses.

Me, too. From the looks of it, I'd say I only have about a week to go.

• Mine is mostly popped out and I'm just going with it. Yes, you can see it through fitted tops, but I really don't care. If someone doesn't like it, they are free to look elsewhere. Stick out tongue
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine has been an outtie for weeks. I just rock it, it's not like a nipple or something.

I've read in a few books that the band-aide is a nice way to keep it covered, so I'd say there is no harm in it. I think my stretched to the limits skin may not react well to the adhesive at this point, but other than skin irritation, I can't think of why it would matter.

BFP 11/2/10! First Dr's appt 11/30/10, shows Blighted Ovum measuring~ 5.9w @ 7w5d Natural Miscarraige 12/10/10 TTA unitl Feb, waiting BARE minimum before hopping back in the saddle So ready to try again, but I will never forget my first baby. BFP#2 02/06/11!!!! *stick baby, stick!* Team Green turn Team PINK 10/09/11 BFP #3 02/23/13...SURPRISE! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagejonnygurl76:

LOL....i have never heard of anything like this (meaning the belly button getting dark).  mine has been outtie for awhile, it doesn't bother me so i just leave it alone. 

if you wear a tight shirt can't you see the shape of the band aid through it?  that would bother me more!!

This exactly.

?DD 9/17/10 22wks I carry you in my heart.?
    bfp#2 2/14/11? cerclage placed at 13 weeks
    ?DS 9/29/11 36 wks 3 days 8lb 20 1/4" ?
    bfp#3 12/15/12 CP 12/27/12
    bfp#4 2/25/13
    beta#1 51 beta#2 163 beta#3 1,370
  • I don't know why but it kind of embarrasses me for my belly button to show through clothing. The band-aids I use are the ones that look like a butterfly so you can't really see them through clothing and they hide my outie pretty well. I don't know, maybe I should be like you guys and just not worry about showing my outie lol. Or maybe if I wear "breathable" band-aids it would help. I don't know, I'll figure something out.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • imagejiffy-pop:
    I don't know why but it kind of embarrasses me for my belly button to show through clothing. The band-aids I use are the ones that look like a butterfly so you can't really see them through clothing and they hide my outie pretty well. I don't know, maybe I should be like you guys and just not worry about showing my outie lol. Or maybe if I wear "breathable" band-aids it would help. I don't know, I'll figure something out.

I'm with you!  I just hate the belly button popping out for me personally.  I'll wear a bikini but I don't want my outtie belly button to show through my clothes... totally illogical and ridiculous but oh well. 

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • My belly button is very tempermental at this stage.. It usually stays "in" .. but whenever I eat a bigger meal .. it sticks waaay out.  I think it's funny to poke it back in, sometimes my LO will react to me poking it LOL.

IMO, the whole "outie belly button" is a cute sign of a pregnant woman! It's not like you grew a second belly button or something completely abnormal haha :-p

I wouldn't worry about it and just go with it :-)

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I realize it's totally vain and it doesn't really matter... but it seriously bothers me that I think my belly button will pop out! I don't think there's anything wrong with covering it if you want to- and I doubt the band-aid is what's discoloring it, unless you just mean the adhesive is sticking to lint from clothing or something. I know I'll be doing this if mine starts to poke out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my belly button is completely popped and some lol.and before i was pregnant i had a belly button piercing.so yes my entire belly button area is completely bruised or discolored, hopefully it does away after LO comes though.i haven't herd of putting a band-aid over it before but i can relate to the discolored belly button.on the bright side DH and the rest of my family think its cute and like to push on it lol.
  • The discoloration could just be from the adhesive cutting blood flow a bit to the skin? There is a ton going on down there with the stretching etc. So I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes painful or looks crazy bruised. You might try those round bandaids? This is what I'm thinking of:
    imageimage

I don't cover mine, but I can see if it makes you self conscious then it could be worrisome.  I hope this post helps a bit for you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"