Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Graco Sugride 35 vs. Britax B-Safe?

So, we ended up registering for and getting the Graco Snugride 35 based on Baby Bargains recommendations as well as numerous website reviews and friends recommendations.  The other contender was Britax Chaperone at the time- but we decided it was more money than we wanted to spend and it was heavier/bulkier than what I was comfortable carrying.  Well, the new B-safe is making me question whether we should return our Graco and go with that one instead.  But, I can't find any solid reviews or information on it compared to the Graco since its so new.

Anyone have any input on this, or have you found any good websites that compare the 2 seats? 

TIA.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Graco Sugride 35 vs. Britax B-Safe?

• Options

I love both seats.  BUT if the B-Safe was out when I had my first I would probably have gotten it.

The B-Safe is lighter and is easier to install than the Graco. 

The B-Safe fits smaller babies better than the Graco

The Graco has a better sunshade.  The Graco can go 90 degrees covering the front of the baby while the B-Safe only goes down half way.

The Graco will fit more strollers than the B-Safe (unless you get a Britax stroller or a Snap n Go) 

The Graco base is cheaper than the B-Safe.  Graco base is $50  Britax is $66 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

I don't know anything about the Britax... but I'll give you another thumbs up for the Graco Snugride 35.

We have it and love it. Yes, it's getting to be too heavy to carry around, but DS is at a point where it's easier to carry just him anyway. He can hold himself up now so I can hip carry him without any problems. We only take the bucket out of the car if we're going into a restaurant since he can't quite sit in a high chair yet.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We're getting the B-Safe.

Do you have stroller? Would one seat be more compatible than the other? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We registered for the Graco snugrider stroller- but didn't get it.  So, we could easily switch to a Snap n go instead.  However, we did get the BOB Revolution SE, and your question prompted me to look into that one- it only has adapters available to be compatible with Graco, Chicco, or Peg Perego.  No britax with the revolution. 

So I guess that answered my question, we love this stroller and plan to start using it on the trails by our house asap, which would require it to be compatible with our infant seat.  Thanks for all the input!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am also a first time mom considering the B-Safe.  I found these reviews to be pretty helpful. 

https://www.amazon.com/Britax-B-Safe-Infant-Car-Seat/dp/B0050GD29U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314291984&sr=8-1

• Options
    We're going with the Snugride 35 and will upgrade to a Britax when the baby outgrows the infant seat. 
    There was something in the baby bargains book that made me not want to spend the extra money on the Chaperone. I don't remember what it was, sorry.

And, the B-agile just didn't seem to "do it" for me either. I love Britax, but their infant seats just dont seem worth the extra money....even with the B-Ready stroller we have! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"