1st Trimester
Options

combined wedding thank you's w/ preg announcement?

DH and I are REALLY behind the ball on our wedding Thank you notes... and since we're already this late, I was thinking- how about a combined thank you and pregnancy announcement? We had a Small wedding (50 ppl) so its all good friends and immediate family.  Some already know about the pregnancy, but others would have required a phone call from parents or whomever... Cute idea? and if so, how would I even WORD such a thing?

Re: combined wedding thank you's w/ preg announcement?

• Options
    IMHO, I wouldn't do that. It seems kind of....tacky? That may not be the right word, but I think you should not combine the two.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

imageBeth1104:
    IMHO, I wouldn't do that. It seems kind of....tacky? That may not be the right word, but I think you should not combine the two.

Agreed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I probably wouldn't combine the 2, either.
    First birth: Natural (med-free) Second birth: Hell, no. Epidural all the way. Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't combine the two. I don't really think you need to mail a pregnancy announcement. I've never gotten one, and it seems weird. People will find out eventually through word of mouth.
  • Options

imageTambcat:
    Yeah, I wouldn't combine the two. I don't really think you need to mail a pregnancy announcement. I've never gotten one, and it seems weird. People will find out eventually through word of mouth.

ditto.

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageTambcat:

I agree.  I've never seen anyone do a pregnancy announcement.  Sure, you announce the birth of the child, but I don't see the need for an announcement before then.  Just do the thank yous.

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options

imageTambcat:

Yes

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageBeth1104:

No, I think tacky is the right word.

OP - On the one hand, it's close friends and family who I'm positive would be thrilled for you, but combining it with a thank-you card for a gift they bought for you is kind of like saying, "And while we're at it, get ready to buy me more stuff, because we're having a baby too!" Also, if these are close friends and family, I think it'd be a nicer gesture to tell them personally, or at least let them find out from your parents, best friends, etc. They deserve that much.

• Options
    imageHollygirl7:

OP - On the one hand, it's close friends and family who I'm positive would be thrilled for you, but combining it with a thank-you card for a gift they bought for you is kind of like saying, "And while we're at it, get ready to buy me more stuff, because we're having a baby too!" Also, if these are close friends and family, I think it'd be a nicer gesture to tell them personally, or at least let them find out from your parents, best friends, etc. They deserve that much.

Ha, this is exactly what I was going to say. 

Write your wedding thank you notes and make no mention of what's growing in your uterus. 

• Options
    imagefunkymonkeyohyeahhh:
    imageHollygirl7:

Ha, this is exactly what I was going to say. 

Write your wedding thank you notes and make no mention of what's growing in your uterus. 

THIS. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageBeth1104:

THIS!

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options
    how late are your Thank you notes???
  • Options

Wow....what happen to being creative....Gezzz...I think its a very cute idea! You could send a Thank You card and have an insert of the U/S picture or a cute picture insert saying we're expecting!

Go for it Girl!

• Options
    I would also get the "thanks for the last gift, now we need a baby gift" vibe. But maybe not if it was just family and very close friends. Not something I would consider doing, though.
  • Options
    imageacheever14:

Wow....what happen to being creative....Gezzz...I think its a very cute idea! You could send a Thank You card and have an insert of the U/S picture or a cute picture insert saying we're expecting!

Go for it Girl!

lol

• Options
    Tacky!

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

• Options
    Oh dear, it's the Tacky Police. I feel like I'm back on The Knot. I think you could find a way to do it that is appropriate, especially since it's only close friends & family. But I would make it part of a personal note in each one, not a pre-printed thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"