LGBT Parenting

PCP/ TTC/ ATP Wednesday

Anyone have updates to share?  Successes?  Challenges?

QOTD: If you could travel anywhere in the continental US for a week long vacation, where would you go and why?

Re: PCP/ TTC/ ATP Wednesday

• I mentioned this yesterday but Iz's finalization date has been moved to November.  Iz has done really well this past week with her behavior and trying to focus and understand directions, it finally feels like we are making some real headway.  Her last day of horrible behavior was Saturday when my IL's watched her for the day, they said it was really bad so she lost her chance to have ice cream this week.

Bear is teething like crazy, not napping well, and throwing fits when he can't see J and he knows she is in the house.  He is being sweeter with me when J is at work and is going down for naps and bedtime a lot easier.  He now has twice a week visits with mom, we don't know how much longer he will be with us.

A is doing great, she loves school and her attitude has been very good.  I am going to a band meeting at her school tonight to see if there are any instruments she would be interested in learning.  I asked her last night what she wanted to learn and she said the drums, uh yeah, I don't know how she would carry a drum set to school for band practice.  Lol!

QOTD:  I've always wanted to go to Vermont (in the Fall without kids).  I've never been there but staying at a BnB surrounded by all the beautiful trees sounds so relaxing and amazing.  I imagine horseback riding and eating pancakes with REAL maple syrup (not at the same time).  The Vermont vacation ads in magazines always suck me in and make me feel so at peace.

• I triggered last night. IUI in the morning. I am so insanely nervous. I think I'm worse right now than I was with our first try--in part because our first try I was just so eager and there was so much giddy anticipation, and now there's fear of losing another, of having to go through that again.

QOTD: I'm not sure. Probably either the PNW, where I lived for a couple of years, or to the northeastern seaboard area. anywhere in the US, not just continental, I'd LOVE to go on an Alaskan cruise.

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck, Blue!!!

Life with Carter these days is rough. He's very emotionally labile and has been doing a good bit of regressing. He's doing a lot of baby-voice, acting immature, having bathroom accidents (even when he is 5 ft from the bathroom and not preoccupied), whiny, using poor language choices, crying a lot, etc. I am thinking it is his emotional reaction due to the anticipation of starting kindergarten when we get back from vacation. We've been talking it up a lot, buying a new blanket/pillow for resting time, new backpack, etc. But we are going to lay off the school talk and focus on vacation. I am hoping he is able to focus on vacation and stop this behavior because 9 days of that 24/7 is going to be rough on everyone.

My father started asking if Carter was delayed which then made me worried, but honestly my father has no understanding of child development so I should not even take his assessment with a grain of salt. But of course being a parent, it gives me pause.

Grayson is pretty status quo, but has also been having bathroom accidents. This weekend, I thought it was because of an upset stomach, but he did it at back up care again yesterday. Sigh. He's been getting into a lot of fights with Carter because of Carter's argumentative moods.

Oh, there are so many places I would like to travel. I ADORE the summers in Maine (cool mornings and evenings and warm afternoons with no humidity.), I would love to travel up the PCH and stop in little towns along way (sans kids.), I would love to go to P-town with my family (I've only been there 1x when I was 15y with my parents - doesn't count!), I've never been to the PNW and would love to see the snow capped mountains. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Jen started Clomid last night. We are both hoping for minimal/no side effects. I need to have some more of our gentleman callers shipped to the clinic so we're ready to go.

QOTD: I loved Wisconsin when I lived there for about two months during Americorps. I would like to go back sometime and rent a cabin on a lake for like two weeks and just CHILL. And eat cheese curds.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yay for all the trigger and Meds well not yay for the meds but starting for the cycles Keep us posted ...

Nothing really to rreport here Girls are 6 weeksold .. OH MY GOODNESS TIME FLYS .  We took them to the 6 week check up for Melanie's section and the staff there loved on them so much ... and they all laughed because we have 2 girls .. They would ask us what we thought and we always said B/B or B/G  never 2 girls.. hahah ... and then we visited our RE and they all loved on the girls... It was a busy day. 

The Girls are growing and eating like mad .. Melanie is doiing an AMAZING job breastfeeding them both despit the constant clogged duct .. she is also trying to increase her suoply so we dont have to do that 1 supplement of formula. 

We are going to CALI for a few days and I am nervous about a few things  the traveling of course and then we will stay at MIL house but its not status quo for me.. They have 3 annoying barky dogs and the room we stay oin is dusty becaus eit houses a old bug huge train set ... worry bout the dust and girls and well M's dad is a severe diabetic and has a bit of a drinkingh issue and well he gets very moody and well does not tolerate crying babies well.... eeek .. I tried to explain my uncomfortableness to Melanie but  - she just gives me a blank stare..

sigh- what to do I know if we dont stay there her mom will be sad but my parent live 30 min away and if we dont stay there they will be sad .. But their house is nicer and quiet and no dogs and my mom has baby stuff galore from when my sister visits so its all there...WHAT TO DO ...

Traveling - well that is easy ... HAWAII - KAUAI to be exact  at the Princeton resort or anyhwere in Kauai.. but an alaskan cruise sounds good too with or with out kids i dont care

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Things are mostly status quo around our house. Last night E asked if we could go to the gym. We haven't been in a while between the combo of her not wanting to go and me not wanting to drag her and then her teachers dropped naptime cold turkey, so we've had some sleep schedule adjustments to make. So we got ready and went. We get up to the door of the gym and suddenly E stops and gets all teary and says she isn't ready to go that she's shy. We talk for a few minutes and I see that it's not going anywhere and I feel like an idiot standing there so we go home. I fix her dinner and pull up something on demand to do *some* kind of exercise since I'm all dressed and ready to go. About half way through, E abandons her dinner to join me and it was the cutest thing ever watching her try to keep up.

QOTD: continental US...anywhere from Massachusetts to Maine, along the coast. I haven't seen any of that part of the country and would love to, especially late summer and early fall.

• Ky is getting over strep but is on day like 5 of antibiotics and seems to be completely over it.... But the last couple of nights she has fallen asleep, woke up an hour later crying hysterically, taken an hour of both of us in her room rocking/sinigng/patting/etc to get her to go back to sleep only to wake up a few hours later to have the process repeated....Other than that she has acquired a few new words and is walking more and more.

TTC...I have still not received a positive OPK and I am thinking about asking my OB what we can do at this point when I go in for my yearly in September.

QOTD: Key West...preferably NOT during hurricane season. We went there on a cruise almost three years ago and LOVED it!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Well, the lab results are in and..............no peanuts, no chickpeas and DEFINITELY no sesame nor tree nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Similar to when we took Peanut in for her ENT exam fully expecting her to have ear problems only to find out that Little Man had hearing loss...we fully expected Little Man to be off the charts allergy-wise only to find out that Peanut's levels are worse than Little Man's.

The Kiddos get cuter everyday...oh the games they play. Little Man has quite the arm and can throw with such accuracy (especially at Mama). I have had mac and cheese stuck to me, cheerios in my hair, a bottle hit me in the back, and peas and grapes all over the place. I fully believe he is going to be a pitcher! Peanut has revised her brother's chasing game (diaper-time I find myself chasing him down). Not only does Peanut now run from me, but when I get super close to her she hits the floor and crawls between my legs...I can't help but laugh (which of course encourages the behavior).

C and I are planning another date "day" (it is hard to fathom someone else putting the Kiddos down for the night, so we go out during the day). We have so much work in the house to do, but we both acknowledge that she and I need a little adult time.

Vacation--my dream vacation has always been Disney World. However, if it were just C and I, I think I would love to go to the cape. She makes relaxing in beautiful places so easy. She always finds nice shops, beautiful b'n'b's, and exquisite restaurants...yes, that's the ticket!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Things here are pretty good.  Summer is ending and it is going to be a very busy and very stressful year but I am hoping that we all take it in stride.  E has really started talking alot more and it is so funny what she comes up with.  This week she decided she is obsessed with princesses which we are not excited about but are hoping it passes.  We got the movie tangled for her when we moved and was going to be with no cable for a few days.  Well she loves it a little too much and wants to watch it all the time...over and over and has a fit when we will not put princess on for her.  We hid the dvd so at least she can't see the darn thing and want to see it.  It is so cute to see her dancing to it though.    We have been in our new place for a month and I am starting to settle in and feel like we are home.  Our landlord gave us homemade chinese dumplings last night yum!

For a vacation with kids I look forward to going to disney world but I do not want to do that before our kids are done with naps.  E so can't handle an all day adventure at this point.   I also really love our week in p-town every year.  I am boring I like that I know were everything is and what we like to do.  As for a kid free vacation I would love to go to Napa it sounds like so much fun and so pretty. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is really nice to be done with the "foster parent" paperwork stuff and into the "mostly normal preparation for children" stuff.  Finishing the nursery, some crafty projects, washing cloth diapers, etc.  Nothing new to report on the kids front.

QOTD:  I said yesterday my dream vaca (in US) would be to drive along the Pacific Coast Highway from San Fran to Washington. I think to do it right you'd really need two weeks.  

I loved Pa'ia (Maui) and P-town, too.  I'll go anywhere, really. 

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
  • Butterfly - Are you getting support for your LO's bx? This just caught my attention because I work with young children and foster parents. Just thought I'd chime in...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemindingpandq:

Butterfly - Are you getting support for your LO's bx? This just caught my attention because I work with young children and foster parents. Just thought I'd chime in...

I'm going to assume that bx is short for behavior, correct me if I am wrong.  We've been searching for a therapist for the past few months, found one then found out she doesn't take regular Medi-cal so she won't see Iz.  All the other therapists say they don't work with children so young.  It's been really tough getting help with her behaviors, we've done it all on our own for the past 4 months.  If you know of any therapists out in this area, we are welcoming all the help we can get!

• We will be six weeks tomorrow!!! So excited!!

Vacation: Maybe New York in the fall... but I am going to have to agree with the Alaskan cruise... babies can go on a cruise right?

BabyName Ticker ***** Married to M 6/25/2010***** *****IUI #1 5/3/2011 BFN***** IUI #2 w/ 50mg of Clomid 5/30/2011 BFN******* *****IUI #3 w/ 50mg of Clomid 6/28/2011 BFN****** *******IUI #4 w/ 100 mg of Clomid 7/28/2011 BFP @ 11dpiui (Beta #1 @ 11dpiui 36) (Beta #2 @ 13dpiui 121)****** BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My phone deleted my post yesterday and then I didn't have a chance to come back and rewrite it.  Gr!  As for me, my mandatory pregnancy test (ha - immaculate conception?) to get Provera was negative, so I'm taking it to induce a period.... then hopefully hopefully hopefully, 3 months after I first went to the RE, we'll do our first IUI. 

As for travel, I'd go to the southwest and go to Mesa Verde and four corners and the Grand Canyon.  I went to Mesa Verde when I was about three, but I really want to go back as an adult.  I'd also love to do a roadtrip of the south and a trip to the northwest.  I have a life goal of hitting all 50 states, but I haven't added much since I moved to the east coast and collected all of those.  I just tried to count, I think I'm on 37 so far.

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"