Baby Showers

What do you think about shower games?

Re: What do you think about shower games?

• Overall, not a fan.  But I have a friend who is usually the "games" person and she does only 1 or 2 and I find them to be very tasteful.  For example, she put together a basket of baby items.  walked around the room and showed it to everyone, put it away and then said "O.k.- write down what was in the basket".  Basically the memory game and whoever got the most, won.

And then the mother to be got the basket and all the stuff. 

I liked that one.  But most games - I can live w/o.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Things like gift Bingo - where you give everyone a blank bingo card and have them fill in items then as the gifts are opened they are marked off until one or more people get bingos are ok. but ones like what baby food is this (either by taste or sight) are a no for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • my fave was a baby bottle chug contest.  don't put too much cuz it is much harder than it sounds!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dont like them and dont want them at my shower, but lots of people think it the fun part.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ughhh! So annoying. I can tolerate the ones that keep me sitting in my chair.
  • I was never a big fan of them, but we played a few at my shower, and I think they turned out to be a big hit.  A lot of people there didn't know each other, and the games brought lots of laughter, and helped people relax a little bit & get to know each other.  :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Stupid and boring.
  • Not a fan, okay with gift bingo b/c it keeps me from poking my eyes out while watching gifts get opened.

• Absolutely hate them. The only one I can stand is the gift bingo b/c then if ppl want to, they can just opt out. I actually just went to a baby shower where there were no games. They just did an "ice breaker" type deal where they listed off colors, had everyone choose their favorite, and then read what the colors are supposed to mean personality wise or w/e.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love them and hate showers that don't have them...especially if I don't know anyone.  Who in the H am I supposed to talk to.  People have their friends/family and there is no one there to talk to and the only person I know is the mother-to-be.  At least the games gives me something to DO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"