Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Do I buy goodbye gifts for my DS daycare teachers?

Next Wednesday will be his last day.  He has been at the same daycare since he was 3 months old.  He has been in many rooms since they move up with age.

I have been very happy with them.  I know the teachers get paid so poorly, but I'm not in the position to but a bunch of gift cards.  If I do something, should I send a bagel and cream cheese platter or something like that?

The only reason he is leaving there is because we wanted to put him in a Jewish pre school. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do I buy goodbye gifts for my DS daycare teachers?

• Options
    I probably wouldn't bring in food.  I might send a personal note to each teacher though and just say how much you and your DS will miss them. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What a cute picture :-)  My sister's son goes to a daycare and I would think that you would just buy a gift for your son's most recent teacher and one for the child care center director.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with sending a nice note. How many teachers does he currently have? Maybe you can buy a GC for the current teacher(s) and then send a note for the entire staff. Gifts can get expensive so I understand. At one point at our old DC we had nine teachers between both my kids because of the am/pm shifts. Even $10 GC's got expensive. Now we have 5.
  • Options
    I would!  I would give each a card with a picture, thank you note, and small gift card (Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, etc).  These people (if they are good) work so hard for not a lot of compensation.  Letting them know their hard work mattered I think is important.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"