Georgia Babies
Options

I feel bad for this (and update on sleep)

The past two nights at bedtime Abigail's wanted me to stay in her room and lay on the floor next to her bed.  So, I would for a minute or two then say "I'll be right back, I have to go potty" She'd say, "okay, Mom" And then I wouldn't come back. But she would fall asleep in her bed without screaming for the first time in several weeks. I guess because she knew I was right outside her door, maybe?

Oh, also, I've been telling her every night that if she sleeps in her bed ALL NIGHT, she'll get a prize. The prize is 5 coins to put in her piggy bank. We have a huge coffee can full of pennies, so its not a big deal. That's gotten her excited so the night before she slept until 6 (but I brought her into my bed and she slept until 8:30!) and then last night she slept in her bed until 8am. But because I told y'all she's going back to screaming all hours of the night :op

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: I feel bad for this (and update on sleep)

• Options
    i did the same thing.  i would tell Evie I'd be back in 2 minutes because I knew she had no concept of time.  
  • Options
    Sounds like it is the best thing for her. Eventually she won't need the bribes and you will both be happy, well rested and sane!  Sometimes mamas gotta do what they gotta do.
    Our sweet little guy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Israel Blog!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, I do that every night.  I lay in bed and he plays with my hair.  Then I tell him, I'm leaving now but I'll come back and check on you in 5 minutes.  Sometimes I pop my head in, but usually, I just stay out. 

• Options

Jax wants us to lay with him every night also.  About 6 or so months ago DH told him he'd lay with him for 2 minutes (since he was 2 yo) and he was cool with that.  So we still tellhim that.  of course if we don't say it up front then he'll ask for the 2 minutes when we go to leave. 

He still doesn't want us to leave, so I will always tell him his 2 minutes is up, but I'll be in to check on him in a little while.  Typically he's totally cool with that :) 

• Options
    imageDaisygirl613:

Jax wants us to lay with him every night also.  About 6 or so months ago DH told him he'd lay with him for 2 minutes (since he was 2 yo) and he was cool with that.  So we still tellhim that.  of course if we don't say it up front then he'll ask for the 2 minutes when we go to leave. 

He still doesn't want us to leave, so I will always tell him his 2 minutes is up, but I'll be in to check on him in a little while.  Typically he's totally cool with that :) 

That's a great idea, Staci! Thanks! Last night didn't go so well but I think its because DH put her down and he didn't understand our groove. She ended up coming into bed with us around midnight. :o/

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"