Military Families

can someone help me with time zones and zulu time?

Ok I know this is awful but I do not know where dh is and there is a clock behind him when we webcam. I am attempting to just do some math and figure out where he could be. I'm not going to put times on here to keep it safe, but do they go by zulu overseas? and how does that relate to our time and the local time where they are?

I also realize that they clock there could be a complete decoy too...Ha!

I thought I had it figured out just by looking at the time zones but then my dad mentioned he's probably on zulu time so its not accurate.

.......my head hurts...Ha!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: can someone help me with time zones and zulu time?

• Zulu time is in England.  I am in Germany, and 9 hours ahead of California.  Zulu time is 1 hour behind me.  Hope this helps!
  • Zulu time is Greenwich Mean Time, so the time in England. But, Zulu doesn't use daylight savings time. So, if it's 12 noon on the East Coast, it's 1600 Zulu. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • And to answer your other question - they probably don't go by Zulu anyway, though I could be wrong. I don't know what career field your H is in, but to my knowledge only aviation uses Zulu time, and only for certain things. So, if your H is in a camp somewhere, the clock is most likely not set to Zulu. Though I agree it could be a decoy. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yeah I dont think they use zulu time. The clock just might be up there. Alot of places have more than one clock. in my office we have one with Eastern Time (we are from the east coast), Zulu time, and Local time...
    If you knew better, you'd do better.
  • More than likely the clock behind him is the local time.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know Im late but, when my husband deploys and sometimes training here they do use zulu time, not a local lime. It just helps when they are working and traveling.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • j
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"