Maryland Babies

toddler bed fail.

So Sean figured out yesterday how to get out of his crib. I knew it was only a matter of time and I was pretty surprised that he hadn't done it earlier since he climbs everything else. Needless to say once he figured it out there was no keeping him in there; he just kept hopping out.  So we had to do the emergency conversion into the toddler day bed (removing front part of crib and replacing with the little guard rails).

He went to bed with no problems last night but at 12:30 he woke up crying for me and then he started POUNDING on his bedroom door which scared the bejesus out of DH-he thought someone was breaking into our house. He ended up in our bed for the rest of the night Tongue Tied

Someone please tell me it gets better!!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: toddler bed fail.

• that blows!

I assume he has a night light?

Have you or DH tried sleeping in his room?  I've done that w/ Ella a few times.  She's so excited to be in bed w/ us that nobody goes back to sleep, but if I lay down in her room (on the floor) she normally lays down next to me, with her pillow (LOL) and will go back to sleep.  If I wake up, I go back to my room & bed, if not, eh, no biggie.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKathrynMD:

that blows!

I assume he has a night light?

Have you or DH tried sleeping in his room?  I've done that w/ Ella a few times.  She's so excited to be in bed w/ us that nobody goes back to sleep, but if I lay down in her room (on the floor) she normally lays down next to me, with her pillow (LOL) and will go back to sleep.  If I wake up, I go back to my room & bed, if not, eh, no biggie.

No-no night light. When he was younger I read that babies sleep better with NO light in the room, so I never got him one.....and I have never had a reason to. I wonder if I should now.

I might try the sleeping on the floor thing, although sleeping on a wood floor while pregnant sounds like, oh, not so fun.

• Loading the player...
  • the night light might help - he's old enough to be scared about stuff now and w/ the freedom of the room to explore, etc. 

You can try "magic no crying/not scared" pajamas too.  We've done that before and it kinda works or give him something to do if/when he wakes up - Ella's supposed to sing Baa Baa Black Sheep.  Or, you can give him something of yours to take care of overnight.

• I recc'd a nightlight- DD loves her GloMate Jr.- we call him the glowman. It's this battery operated LED nightlight that she can take into bed w/ her (it doesn't get hot) Ikea has a version too, the are semi-soft plastic, and they can turn them on and off themselves. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagedaisyterp:
    I recc'd a nightlight- DD loves her GloMate Jr.- we call him the glowman. It's this battery operated LED nightlight that she can take into bed w/ her (it doesn't get hot) Ikea has a version too, the are semi-soft plastic, and they can turn them on and off themselves. 

oh this is handy because I just realized all the outlets in his room are hidden behind furniture so a traditional plug in nightlight would not work.

• connor was climbing out of his bed so we did the same thing and lately he's ended up in bed with us every night somewhere between 12-2am.  We have a night light and a white noise machine in there, he's got tons of stuffed animals too.  Let me know if something works for you so I can try it.  I am thinking about getting a full size bed for him so I can at least get in bed with him when he screams...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They sell them @ Ikea too and they are re-chargeable and look like little monsters or something and change color from either green to blue or orange to pink. 

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90150995

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30150984 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Update: last night was much better! We went to bed at normal time, he climbed in and I tucked him in with no problems. We also put one of those doorknob covers on his door so he can't get out of his room and go wandering around the house in the middle of the night. He slept pretty much through the night....got up at 5:45 am and got out of bed, walked to his door and started yelling "all done! all done!" LOL. Normally he wakes up around 6:30, but a vast improvement over the previous night....
  • imagemrs. remy:
    Update: last night was much better! We went to bed at normal time, he climbed in and I tucked him in with no problems. We also put one of those doorknob covers on his door so he can't get out of his room and go wandering around the house in the middle of the night. He slept pretty much through the night....got up at 5:45 am and got out of bed, walked to his door and started yelling "all done! all done!" LOL. Normally he wakes up around 6:30, but a vast improvement over the previous night....

Yay! I'm glad to hear that night#2 worked better. Loved that he said all done all done. Too cute. 

• LOL @ "All Done!"

Glad it was better.

• That's hilarious - the "all done."  It totally made me LOL. I'm glad night #2 was better! I do not look forward to this stage.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"