Indiana Babies

Monday check-in

1. how are you feeling?

2. weekend highlight? lowlight?

3. what are you looking forward to this week?

4. if a home improvement project needs done, who does it- you, dh, both?  Or do you hire someone?  If you're a renter, what do you think you'd do?

TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
**P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Monday check-in

• 1. Sad about the loss of our boys.  And guilty... I feel like it's my fault that I did something wrong, which I know is common, but dh assures me it's not true.

2. Highlight- Puccini's pizza and buying patio furniture for our new (to be built by dh soon) deck.  Also, I was overwhelmed by the kind messages I received from Bump and IRL friends.  Lowlight- the need for said messages, the tears and sadness.

3. Going back to my hometown (Springfield, IL) on Friday to see my family.

4. Generally dh does it, but I help sometimes, depending on the project.  He'll do electrical, woodworking/general construction.  He doesn't like plumbing, but will do it.  He hates to paint, so I generally do that... I don't really like it either, but it is cheaper to do it ourselves.  We only hire someone if it's a really big project or dh attempts it and can't figure it out.

TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. Just fine. Connor has his 6 month appointment today, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm also really proud to say that we made it to our 6-month goal for BF. I don't know how long we'll keep going, but I just didn't think I could commit to a year up front. I only lasted months with Jocelyn, so I was thrilled to make it this long esp. with a toddler keeping me busy!

2.Highlight: A couple - Saturday went to dinner and the Lyle Lovett concert. Saturday we took the kids back to the State Fair. Jocelyn rode an elephant, a horse, a carnival ride, and a "choo choo train" (the tractor shuttle) and had a blast. Lowlight: We didn't get as much accomplished around the house as I'd hoped.

3. Getting ready for the beer pong tourney.

4. My husband is not very handy, unfortunately, although he is getting a lot better. If we can afford it, I prefer to hire someone at this point in my life. Although I enjoy projects, with two kids it's hard to find the time for them. We used to use Craigs List a lot to hire people, but it's hit or miss so now I look on Angie's List.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 1.  how are you feeling:  37 weeks  2 days pregnant.  feeling good - enjoying waking up to cooler mornings!

2. highlight: spending the day at my parent's house yesterday.  they are great at entertaining DD and she loves having new people to show off for.  lowlight:  DH being gone so much.  not having people to interact with is the hardest part of staying home to me. 

3.  looking forward to: dr apt and u/s tomorrow.  i'm having an u/s to see how big baby is growing.  i'm nervous to see how big the baby is and i'm praying/hoping baby won't be any bigger than DD was.  i can't tell you how fearful i am of having a 10 pounder, even if i do have a c-section. 

4.  handiness/home projects: i would say neither of us are very handy.  i've become a crafter and gotten into sewing but as for home projects neither of us have any skills, so things get hired out.

• 1.  20w3d pregnant with twins and feeling pretty good! 

2.  highlight: Great dinner at Oceanaire.  My highlights always seem to be centered around food.  lowlight: Nothing big - probably the not-so-great Mexican I had on Friday night. 

3.  Going to a lakehouse outside Knoxville, TN for 4 nights this week.  It will probably be our last getaway before the twins are born.  

4.  DH is very handy around the house...he always need some sort of "project" to be working on.  I can pretty much count on him to fix, repair, update, etc anything I need.  I'm not too into that sort of stuff.  I am the idea person, and he carries through with my ideas!

Owen and Olivia born on November 2, 2011 at 30.5 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. 34 weeks, 6 days pregnant and feeling good.

2. Highlight - the entire weekend.  It was so nice to spend so much time with DH and get some things done while still getting in a few fun things.  We went to the Rockies game on Friday, did a little shopping at the Pearl St. Mall in Boulder, and had maternity pics and a fantasy football draft yesterday.  Lowlight - that the weekend had to end.

3. Not looking forward to much except getting to next weekend!  Hopefully I'll be productive at work and home so I'll feel a little more prepared for the baby.

4. We suck at home improvement.  We ocassionally will try something ourselves, but we should always, always, always hire it out.  Period.  We're that bad.   

• 1. how are you feeling? Pretty good, can't complain!! A little unmotivated, which is obviously by the condition of my house right now! Embarrassed

2. weekend highlight? Taking the little one to Lafayette on Saturday so we could spend the day with my mom. lowlight? Can't think of anything!

3. what are you looking forward to this week? Continuing my new work out routine...I started the Couch to 5K running program last week and I'm feeling very motivated to lose this baby weight!!

4. if a home improvement project needs done, who does it- you, dh, both?  Or do you hire someone?  We normally hire someone, because we are pretty clueless! We've been lucky though, because my FIL usually steps up to the plate to help us out. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"