Natural Birth

Bradley Classes without a partner

DH's work schedule is 14/14, He will have missed ALL 4 classes so far, 12 total.  I'm bummed.  Anyone else Done bradley mostly alone? Crying

Re: Bradley Classes without a partner

• Is he reading the books or doing any studying at home with you?  I'd bring a backup coach (for me it would be my mom) if DH couldn't make it.  

I think you'll be ok if you guys go over everything outside of class. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HA! No, he's not a studier.  I will be telling him everything thats going on in the classes and I expect him to be supportive and comforting.  I don't want anyone else in the room while I'm in labor though.  I won't feel comfortable with my family in there because they are very non-supportive.  I have a friend that is going to *try* to make it to classes with me, but she has 2 children of her own...
  • Loading the player...
  • there was a woman in my bradley class whose husband was stationed in korea, so she was doing it alone.  she didn't seem phased by it at all.

while my dh did attend the bradley classes, when i actually went into labor i found that i just wanted to be alone.  so he barely participated in my first labor (supporting me while i pushed) and didn't participate in my second labor at all.  i think we both preferred it this way.  i found that the bradley classes adequately prepared me to handle things by myself.

• Okay great! Thank you! I'm very much of a "don't touch me" kind of person. Especially when I'm in pain. :)
  • You may also want to ask your instructor if she would be willing to meet with your DH one on one once or twice to go over things.  When we signed up, my DH was going to miss 3 classes and she offered to meet with him before or after class to go over things.  Thankfully, the schedule changed and we both missed 1 class together.  But it was good to know that was an option.
  • imagealliapistor:
    You may also want to ask your instructor if she would be willing to meet with your DH one on one once or twice to go over things.  When we signed up, my DH was going to miss 3 classes and she offered to meet with him before or after class to go over things.  Thankfully, the schedule changed and we both missed 1 class together.  But it was good to know that was an option.

This. I bet your instructor is flexible and would be willing to work with you and your DH about making up classes he missed. One Bradley mama in my class is due in a few weeks, and my instructor is providing them with a couple of private classes toward the end so they can finish by their EDD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerubycitrine:

imagealliapistor:
    You may also want to ask your instructor if she would be willing to meet with your DH one on one once or twice to go over things.  When we signed up, my DH was going to miss 3 classes and she offered to meet with him before or after class to go over things.  Thankfully, the schedule changed and we both missed 1 class together.  But it was good to know that was an option.

This. I bet your instructor is flexible and would be willing to work with you and your DH about making up classes he missed. One Bradley mama in my class is due in a few weeks, and my instructor is providing them with a couple of private classes toward the end so they can finish by their EDD.

Thank you! I never thought of this! My EDD is 10/15/11 and My Classes are supposed to end 10/24/11 Tongue Tied I will def. ask her about doing something like this!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"