Natural Birth

Bleeding - an indication of labour soon?

Just wondering if bleeding is an indication of labour approaching? Anyone with some experience can you comment please. 

I'm concerned because my primary and secondary midwives are off call until tomorrow morning and all I want is to make it until 8am tomorrow when they are back on.

If I'm getting myself worked up over this let me know.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bleeding - an indication of labour soon?

• It could be, but is not necessarily.  In my first pregnancy, I had occasional bloody show from 38 weeks until I delivered at 40w3d.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It was for me, but everyone/every situation is different.  You could still have a while.

I had some red blood when wiping on a Monday night, my labor started Tuesday night, and I had DD Wednesday night.  So it was a sign that labor was approaching, but it didn't happen all at once.

Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Okay - so it's just another one of those things that it could be right around the corner or another week. I will relax, take a bath, watch a movie and hope for the best than. Thanks.

I'm so done with being pregnant.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • A little bit, that was the main indicator that I was starting proper labor and not farting around with prodromal labor (besides the contractions :/).  But I said it throughout my whole TTP and pregnancy I never spot unless something substantial is imminent. And I was right ;)

But I probably ought to ask (sorry ladies), is this 'eh a little spotting' bleeding or, 'ummmm that's a period' bleed.  If it's the former, chill, relax and take a bath, things may be brewing.  If it's the latter, you may want to get to L+D.  Stat.

• With my first, I had bloody show about 4 hours before my son was born.
  • with my first pregnancy, i started having mucousy bleeding about 12 hours prior to birth.  with my second pregnancy, i didn't have any discharge at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"