April 2011 Moms
Options

my *other* baby turns two tomorrow!

I'm typing this tonight b/c between church and my parents visiting tomorrow I'm sure I won't be around.  Plus I'm feeling very sentimental tonight (aided by the beer I treated myself to) and can't help but share:

my baby boy turns two tomorrow!!  I can't believe it!

When the days get long and I can hardly stand another minute of walking Lizzy around, bouncing her, nursing her, trying to keep her happy...when I feel like she'll never settle down or get past this fussiness...I try to remember how quickly this time has gone.

Wasn't it yesterday he was a newborn?  Wasn't it mere moments ago that we started on this journey together?  Now he's running, and talking, and turning into this little person with his own thoughts and desires!  With each passing month I am more and more excited about the things he is learning, the person he is becoming.  And yet, a piece of me knows time will only go faster from here and I can hardly stand it.  I want to steal all the kisses and hugs I can - from both him and Lizzy - because it all just goes too fast! 

Thanks for listening to my rambling ladies!  Good night!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: my *other* baby turns two tomorrow!

• Options

Aw, you just gave me goosebumps. My baby turned 6 last month. She starts 1st grade in September, and I can't believe it. She's SO old! and just like you, on bad days, I look at DD1 and remember how soon I'm going to be wishing all this back again.

Happy Birthday Drew! Have a great day! 

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • Options

Happy Birthday to Drew! 

DH and I were talking tonight over dinner about how quick it goes.  Every now and then, one of us will mention how much easier it will be in a few months when she can sit up in a high chair at a restaurant, or next summer, when she will probably be on a schedule and beach and lake trips will be easier.  Then we stop... and think about how already she doesn't just snuggle and sleep on our chest.  She has a personality, needs to know what is going on and prefers to sleep in her crib.  She is only four months old and already has changed so much. 

Hope he has a great day! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"