April 2011 Moms

Long car ride with LO?

My commute is about 1 hour-1 hour 15 min. each way everyday to work.  Monday-Thursday DS comes with me because he goes to daycare at the church my school is affiliated with.  DS started not sleeping well (like getting up every hour-2 hours) at night about a week and a half ago after he had been STTN for 2 weeks.  I attributed it to him going through 4 month wakeful.  But he stayed home Wed-Fri. this week because of a stomach bug and he slept SO much better those nights.  Do you think that the long commute everyday is too much for him (he sleeps the whole way, both ways, and then naps well during the day for probably close to 3-4 hours total during the day)?  Or was it just the bug and him not feeling well that made him sleep better (though that is counter intuitive to me)?  Just trying to figure out what I can do (if anything!) to get my good sleeper back.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Long car ride with LO?

• It probably is more likely the age.  DS commutes with me 30 min each day.  He usually sleeps too.  He sleeps like crap, but I think he is just getting used to rolling over and is trying to find ways to get back to sleep.  I would see where he is two weeks from now sleep-wise before trying to change anything. 

Older DD always rode with me too.  It has turned into our time to talk and ask about each other's days.  Even though it can be stressful always having them in the car with me, it is worth it to spend that time talking with her each day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"