October 2011 Moms

DH has me paranoid

Yesterday I had an OB appointment, I asked DH if he wanted to come, he didn't, so I went alone, fine by me.  She listened to the heartbeat and everything sounded fine.  She measured my belly and said I'm measuring a little small and low, at 33 weeks it should be 33cm, but I am 31cm.  She said it's really nothing to worry about, she sees it a lot with tall, thin women and it's probably also due to the way the baby is positioned inside of me.  But, just to make sure, she wants to do a growth scan next week.  She told me not to worry, she just wants to double check and be safe, and this way, we'll get to see the baby!

So I get home and tell DH and he says ok, if she's not worried then fine.  Cut to 9 hours later when we're in bed.  He's on his IPhone wth Dr Google... He starts peppering me with questions, am I leaking? no, are there any new/different pains recently? no, contractions? just BH and not consistant (all things OB already asked me), and the ?s just keep coming, all with me answering no.  So, me being the dumbass asks if he's reading anything interesting and he says, carrying low is an OWT meaning your having a boy, and the baby has dropped.  I said, OK, so what are they saying about that, he said, it means the baby is coming soon, like in a week or two! 

So now, of course, he has me completely freaked out.  I keep telling him and myself that if the Dr thought there was an issue, she wouldn't have told me to get the scan next week, she would have done it then and there.  She also would have done an internal if she thought there was a problem.  So here I am, worried that any discharge or a possible sniss is my water breaking.  And we are about to get in a car and drive for 3 hours to the beach for 5 days. 

I'm really annoyed with DH because I was fine until he got me all nuts.  Tell me I'm being crazy, please!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: DH has me paranoid

• I think your DH is just going a little techo-crazy! I don't think you have anything to worry about; if your OB was really concerned she would have sent you for a scan and/or at least NST immediately. Also, measuring within 2 cms is considered normal. Every baby grows and sits a little differently. Try not to stress!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You're being nuts and if baby has always been low then she hasn't dropped, she's just low!
  • Loading the player...
  • Dr. google is not your friend.  if your Dr. isn't making it a big deal then neither should you, everyone carries differently regardless of the sex of the baby.  tell your DH to stop stressing you out!
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • i have to agree with ppl. Your Dh is tech crazy and you need to relax :) 

If your doctor isnt concerned than neither should you be. 

I dropped with my son at around 31 weeks and I went overdue... dropping means nothing. I also measured behind with my son from 34 weeks to his birth. (he was small).  Not to mention that anything -2 or +2 is in the normal range for measurements.

Try to relax and have a great time at the beach. 

• As my doctor told me at my appt the other day-you are paying me (or insurance is) a lot of money to worry for you-if I am concerned, I'll let you know :) I told him people keep telling me how small I am and it makes me nervous, and he said I'm measuring right on target (and then told me to direct anyone with 'concerns' to him Smile)

He's sending me for an ultrasound since I sort of begged for one, and it sounds like your OB is prob sending you for it more for your peace of mind-if he was truly worried, you'd know! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • thank you ladies!  this really helps... hugs and you all get a freshly made donut from the beach!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imageLiz4444:
    thank you ladies!  this really helps... hugs and you all get a freshly made donut from the beach!

Ohh what beach?

• DH drives me crazy with google! We hear a funny noise at night in our 3 year old house and he'll google it until he's convinced we have termites coming out of an old indian burial site and our house will self destruct in T-10 minutes.

If your provider isnt worried, I probably wouldnt be either. Just make sure you follow her suggestions (ie if she says to limit your activity...then limit it ect)

• imagecantalopes24:

imageLiz4444:
    thank you ladies!  this really helps... hugs and you all get a freshly made donut from the beach!

Ohh what beach?

East Hampton, NY... mom and dad pick up homemade donuts from town every morning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"