January 2012 Moms

FFFC

Lets hear 'em ladies!

Oh and I won't be around for the 3 PM sexy man so I thought I would combine FFFC and the 3 PM sexy man Stick out tongue

Re: FFFC

• Oh my! Yummy! Nice on the eyes, but I feel like guys who pose for pictures shirtless are douche-canoes. Lol!

My FFFC is this: I am mad at myself for not knowing there was more going on in my sister's marriage until now. I know her like I know the back of my hand...and I know she has been unhappy for awhile, but I never imagined it was to the point it was. I allowed myself to make up excuses for her sorry a$$ husband, because she loved him. Now I'm just pissed. It is times like this that I wish castration was a legal form of punishment.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I still sleep in every position I can- on my stomach, on my back, etc. I figure if it's not uncomfortable it should be ok. I will check with my dr next week when I go in for my appt though, just in case.
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I still haven't come to terms with my sisters pregnancy, and I feel guilty about it.

We grew up under the same roof, but I'm the overly cautious responsible one & she's the wild party girl.  She also has seizures, perpetuated by her lifestyle.

So when her & her bf of 2 months announce on Facebook that they're pregnant (and that's how I found out)... I just didn't know how to react. They announced 2 days after she peed on a stick.  We've had one txt message convo since then.

I feel bad that we're not closer-- I mean, heck shouldn't we be swapping m/s stories?  But I can't help but be sad because I feel like she's ruining her life, and bringing a baby into it is really unfair.

Strong words, yes, and that's why it's in FFFC. 

• imageMommy2Grayson:
    I am mad at myself for not knowing there was more going on in my sister's marriage until now.

I just wanted to let you know I couldn't stop thinking of your sister yesterday. She's definitely in my prayers.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Ditto on the sleeping on my stomach!!  It's my favorite way to sleep, I don't know what I'm gonna do when I can't do it comfortably anymore!!  (PS My doc said as long as I'm not "uncomfortable", then it's fine.  ie if I'm laying on my back and end up short of breath, then obviously I can't lay on my back anymore. etc)

My confession:  I eat deli meat.  Not every day or anything, but yesterday they had free sandwiches at work and I enjoyed the poop outta my turkey & cheese sammie!!

My other confession:  I never eat enough veggies.  I eat fruits pretty regularly, but rarely take time to cook a vegetable.  I'll eat salads, but they usually end up swimming in Ranch and cheese and croutons and other non-veggie stuff!!  Haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagee_cruiz:

imageMommy2Grayson:
    I am mad at myself for not knowing there was more going on in my sister's marriage until now.

I just wanted to let you know I couldn't stop thinking of your sister yesterday. She's definitely in my prayers.

Thank you so much. Everyone's comments and suggestions yesterday really helped! You girls are so amazing!
  • I got a Starbucks Mocha Frappachino with extra caramel this morning.

There is nothing about it that's good for me and I don't care!

It's FRIDAY, I'm officially 20 weeks and MH comes home for the weekend today!!!!Party!!!

• I ate a fried bologna sandwich the other day. And even though that's an objectively disgusting concept, I loved it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The other day me and my husband were talking and he said that our daughter will always be his favorite and 'gasp' I didn't disagree. I guess it is just hard to imagine what the new baby will be like and I am sure that we won't feel this way after baby is born.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageaeshipley:

The other day me and my husband were talking and he said that our daughter will always be his favorite and 'gasp' I didn't disagree. I guess it is just hard to imagine what the new baby will be like and I am sure that we won't feel this way after baby is born.

Ahahahahaha!! I've said this too, it is hard to imagine loving another child as much as I love DS! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that...for now :) 

• imagekcvasquez:
    imageaeshipley:

The other day me and my husband were talking and he said that our daughter will always be his favorite and 'gasp' I didn't disagree. I guess it is just hard to imagine what the new baby will be like and I am sure that we won't feel this way after baby is born.

Ahahahahaha!! I've said this too, it is hard to imagine loving another child as much as I love DS! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that...for now :) 

This makes me feel better! Part of the reason I want a girl so badly is because I just don't see how it is possible for another boy to be even half as kicka$$ as my son is! Lol! He just fits in so well with our family and I'm so crazy about him! If we have a girl, it will just be a totally different experience, so I won't feel as if I'm comparing them all the time. And yes, this makes me feel extremely guilty!
  • I finally thought of one.  I'm totally jealous of my friends that are close to their sisters.  My sister and I have always had a problem being around each other, talking to each other, etc without arguing.  I have friends that love their sister and talk about everything with them. 

My sister is the one the let me know the school was hiring where I'm moving.  She got upset, bc I didn't say thank you.  She has done this a ton...is sends me random job posts that aren't even where I'm looking.  I've never said thank you...bc most of the time I don't want them.  This time, yes it was great, and I would thank her if I get the job, but no one has contacted me yet. 

She also drives me crazy bc everytime we visit she says hi to my son, but never plays with him or does anything with him.  All she does is talk about her friend's kid.  Oh, Sydney can say her alphabet, Sydney can count to ten, Sydney loves puzzles.  Then she gets DS toys based on Sydney's likes.  Well, sorry but DS doesn't like puzzles, he like trucks and cars.  He doesn't talk super well yet, but he is learning.  I'm pretty sure if he understood a little better, he would wonder why his aunt cares more for another kid than him.  It just bugs me, because friends of our family that see him a lot less know more about him.

• imagechristina627:

I finally thought of one.  I'm totally jealous of my friends that are close to their sisters.  My sister and I have always had a problem being around each other, talking to each other, etc without arguing.  I have friends that love their sister and talk about everything with them. 

My sister is the one the let me know the school was hiring where I'm moving.  She got upset, bc I didn't say thank you.  She has done this a ton...is sends me random job posts that aren't even where I'm looking.  I've never said thank you...bc most of the time I don't want them.  This time, yes it was great, and I would thank her if I get the job, but no one has contacted me yet. 

She also drives me crazy bc everytime we visit she says hi to my son, but never plays with him or does anything with him.  All she does is talk about her friend's kid.  Oh, Sydney can say her alphabet, Sydney can count to ten, Sydney loves puzzles.  Then she gets DS toys based on Sydney's likes.  Well, sorry but DS doesn't like puzzles, he like trucks and cars.  He doesn't talk super well yet, but he is learning.  I'm pretty sure if he understood a little better, he would wonder why his aunt cares more for another kid than him.  It just bugs me, because friends of our family that see him a lot less know more about him.

I could have written EXACTLY this about my older sister! She has another niece on her husband's side of the family that is a month younger than my daughter and anytime she asks how DD is doing and I tell her what's she's doing now or learning she always goes on and on about her other niece Evelyn and how smart she is. Makes me so mad. 

Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• imagerachoochoo2:
    imagechristina627:

I finally thought of one.  I'm totally jealous of my friends that are close to their sisters.  My sister and I have always had a problem being around each other, talking to each other, etc without arguing.  I have friends that love their sister and talk about everything with them. 

I could have written EXACTLY this about my older sister! She has another niece on her husband's side of the family that is a month younger than my daughter and anytime she asks how DD is doing and I tell her what's she's doing now or learning she always goes on and on about her other niece Evelyn and how smart she is. Makes me so mad. 

This maybe disclosing a little too much, but at one point my sister checked into a mental health center...she had kindof a mental break.  While she was in there...she spent 3 weeks blaming it on me.  She said she was supposed to get married first and she deserved all this happiness and I didn't, etc.  She was the one that should be starting a family, etc.  And then when we moved out here...she kindof snapped a little bit again.  And again, it was bc of me...if I didn't move, she wouldn't have this stress, etc.  We never did anything together at at the time.  She hates my DH and has no problem saying so...and it hurts him, bc she hasn't tried to get to know him.

• I hate getting presents from my mother in law.  I feel like they always come with strings attached and she uses them to get her way with my children.  She buys clothes that she knows I'll hate and jarred baby food when she knows I make my own.  And she is now insisting that we name our child Benjamin.  There is no way that we are going to name him Benjamin.  I'm half expecting her to buy something monogrammed with that name so that we'll feel like we have to give him that name now.  Sigh.  She'll just have to get used to Nathan Elliott.
  • imageSBT1977:

I ate a fried bologna sandwich the other day. And even though that's an objectively disgusting concept, I loved it.

yummm I love fried bologna sandwiches!

• Okay mine is going to make me sound childish..so it is perfect for FFFC! lol

Ever since my brother married my SIL 10 years ago everything has been all about her family. My niece and nephew spend 90% of their time with her side of the family and my mom gets them once every couple of weeks even though they live in the same town. Since I got pregnant it's been nice because we are the first ones to make my brother/SIL an aunt and uncle, so the kids were excited for a cousin and my brother taken an interest in his future nephew..it was just nice to feel noticed again as part of their family. Well, now yesterday SIL's sister announced on facebook minutes after peeing on the stick that she is pregnant and all the focus is back on SIL's family. I feel like a child fighting for attention and it's ridiculous, but sometimes we just can't help how we feel kwim?

• imageshear22:

Okay mine is going to make me sound childish..so it is perfect for FFFC! lol

Ever since my brother married my SIL 10 years ago everything has been all about her family. My niece and nephew spend 90% of their time with her side of the family and my mom gets them once every couple of weeks even though they live in the same town. Since I got pregnant it's been nice because we are the first ones to make my brother/SIL an aunt and uncle, so the kids were excited for a cousin and my brother taken an interest in his future nephew..it was just nice to feel noticed again as part of their family. Well, now yesterday SIL's sister announced on facebook minutes after peeing on the stick that she is pregnant and all the focus is back on SIL's family. I feel like a child fighting for attention and it's ridiculous, but sometimes we just can't help how we feel kwim?

I don't think you're childish. There are some people who need to be the center of attention all the time, and I have a really hard time being around them, too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first FFFC...

I get mad every single time I see a "DH Vent" or "My husband is pissing me off" type post. I wish there was a DH in my life to complain about, I wish that little things like him bringing me the wrong colour of slushie would happen so they could piss me off. I wish that my child would have a father. 

I realize that everyone's life is different and we all have blessings (such as I have an amazing family that is 100% supportive of everything I do and don't try to force their ideas on me) but I still get annoyed when I see those posts and have to stop myself from opening them and telling people to be grateful for their partners... 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageaeshipley:

My parents definitely have favorite children.  They don't pay more attention that that child, or buy them more things or anything, but it's just that our personalities get along better.  Out of 5 kids, me & my 2nd brother are my dad's favorites (because we're extremely responsible &  few other things).  My dad admits it, too, although not to the other kids.  My mom cheers for the underdog-- or the other 3 kids.  Although secretly, I think I'm her fave.  We talk nearly everyday on the phone, and MH & I double date whenever we're all in the same town- we all get along SO well.

Again, though-- it's not something that was going on so much in childhood because we were all developing our personalities.  And they don't give anything extra to the favored siblings-- it's all really even.  Except my sister may get more now since she's probably going to be raising a kid as a single mom. 

• Very similar to PP, I get so annoyed when i see complaints about a mother in law. I really wish I would have had the opportunity to meet her at least once, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• imagerachoochoo2:
    imagechristina627:

I guess misery loves company-- it's good to know I'm not the only one with a lousy relationship with my sister!  We were at my brother's wedding reception in June & my sister was hugging our new SIL & told my mom "She's my FAVORITE sister."  WTF?  I'm all about accepting SIL's in the family, and she is a great person, but really?  You could at least wait until I'm not standing there.  She didn't even try to cover it up. 

• imageAnnya26:

My first FFFC...

I get mad every single time I see a "DH Vent" or "My husband is pissing me off" type post. I wish there was a DH in my life to complain about, I wish that little things like him bringing me the wrong colour of slushie would happen so they could piss me off. I wish that my child would have a father. 

I realize that everyone's life is different and we all have blessings (such as I have an amazing family that is 100% supportive of everything I do and don't try to force their ideas on me) but I still get annoyed when I see those posts and have to stop myself from opening them and telling people to be grateful for their partners... 

I agree and have wanted to post this for awhile, but never did.  I'm guilty of b!tching about DH every once in a while and not letting him know how much I appreciate him, but I really try not to.  Most of us are pretty high maintance these days (thank you, preganacy symptoms and hormones) and our support team (partners or family) is  putting up with a lot.  We (myself certainly included) could all do more to show them our appreciation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
    BabyName Ticker
  • imageSoonToBeMsP:
    I still sleep in every position I can- on my stomach, on my back, etc. I figure if it's not uncomfortable it should be ok. I will check with my dr next week when I go in for my appt though, just in case.

1. Me too, I sleep mostly on my back

2. I went in a hot tub on my vacation (it was only 99 degrees)

3. I still eat raw cookie dough, caesar salad, peanuts, eggs over easy and whatever the heII else I want to eat.  I also drink coffee. I also drank a glass of chocolate wine and had a beer last week. I don't like sushi or fish or else I'd probably eat that too.  

4. Hate exercising so I don't. 

5. I think these new rules are stupid and totally out of line (not sleeping on back, not eating what's mentioned above, hot baths).  I can understand the no drinking alcohol, but not against an occasional drink.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageAnnya26:

My first FFFC...

Just saw this...I hope my post about H did not come off as complaining!  I thought it was funny.  I am super grateful for my husband and any complaint I have about him is the kind I am laughing about as it is happening.  He is an amazing husband, minus the empty cereal boxes I find in the cupboard and the sock collection under the coffee table;)

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• imagemeepnotoes:

My FFC?  We have not started preparing the nursery.  At all.  We did print off the Lucie's List and will start soon, perhaps.  We're excited for the baby but are trying to take our time (Okay, I'm being told to!) and gather stuff slowly. 

No offense but I don't think this is flammable in the least!! We haven't started the nursery either and I have no problem with that. I want to wait to find out the sex, do research (helloooo Lucie's List!) and take my time registering. Don't worry if you haven't started :)

DD 1.18.2012
  • imagee_cruiz:
    Very similar to PP, I get so annoyed when i see complaints about a mother in law. I really wish I would have had the opportunity to meet her at least once, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Yep these ones bug me sometimes too! Although I will say that I have seen posts before that make me thankful that a) my Mother is so reasonable and b) I do not have to deal with a crazy MIL. I also struggle with a few that I have seen where people complain about what their Dad wants to be called and it not lining up with what they want. My Father died a little over a year ago very unexpectedly and I would give anything for him to meet his grandson, even just once. He was amazing with kids and never got a boy of his own so I know he would have been over the moon to know about mine!! 

Apparently I am just full of complaints and whines today :P

• imageSascha3:
    imageAnnya26:

My first FFFC...

Just saw this...I hope my post about H did not come off as complaining!  I thought it was funny.  I am super grateful for my husband and any complaint I have about him is the kind I am laughing about as it is happening.  He is an amazing husband, minus the empty cereal boxes I find in the cupboard and the sock collection under the coffee table;)

No, not at all and even less so when I read your response explaining what your relationship is like :) 

Also just for the record, it isn't that I think that some of the complaints posted about partners on here don't DESERVE to be complained about, they do! Its just hard for me personally to read since its something I wish that I had. 

• I agree Annya...some of the complaints on here seem so minor.  Although there are definitely some legitimate ones.

On a related note, I feel there are a few posters here who are frequently telling stories about their husbands that have led me to come to the conclusion that their husbands are complete and total douchebags and I cannot imagine being married to a guy like that.   In some cases, it is a blessing to be a single mom.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"