Natural Birth

Vitamin K

I'm mostly just a lurker on here, but I need help now.  Is anyone using an oral vitamin K instead of the injection?  If so where are you getting it?  fI can't find where to order it anywhere except one website that I'm not sure I trust.  Thanks 
We will walk by faith

Re: Vitamin K

• I had to take vitamin K and I found it was easiest to get a Rx from my OB for it.
  • For my first son, we requested the oral Vit K at the hospital when we refused the shot.  They seemed to think this was an odd request, and gave us a hard time about it.  Then said they would have to get a written prescription from our pediatrician.  So we waited - while still in recovery at the hospital for our pediatrician to fax a script over.  We had to delay everything by 24 hours, because they wanted him to get the oral pills crushed in his formula taken before he got circumscion.
    This time around we have a different pediatrician so I plan to ask her ahead of time if she will write the prescription so we can fill it and bring it with us to L&D to be prepared.  Please follow up and let me know if you are able to get it from your ped.  I am interested to know, because they usually act like it is an odd request.  But the pill are available.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We got the drops for my DS from birthwithlove.com, a midwifery supply store. It's plant based, and I started taking it myself at 36w, to help it build up in my milk. This new hospital where I'm delivering offers an oral version though, so I may do that. I will have to do more research.
  • We'll do oral vitamin K. My midwife says that the solution here in the US is not quite as good as in Europe, but that it's still an option. I like the idea the other poster had of taking it herself before the birth as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"