LGBT Parenting

advice and opinions

Hi Bumpers!!!

Our Fertility clinic just phoned Melanie and I   and wanted us to help them with Marketing to they LGBT community and to tell us they love reading our blog and fb page and hire Melanie as a photographer..

Anyhow ... Just wondering when you were shoping for clinicas, RE's and fertility stuff how did you pick the one you did 

In Vegas there are 4 main places... One is very popular with the LGBT crowd because he is  the cheapest   Our Place we used is the most expensive but has the best statistics out of all the places here and actually is 2nd in the nation I believe Boston is # 1

Just wann help them out - they are like family to us we spent so much time there and would not have the girls if it was not for them - 

I wanna shirt that says Dr. Shapiro Knocked my wife up !

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/

Re: advice and opinions

• We chose it because it was a big practice, I heard it had good stats, and I thought that the office was convenient - turns out they only do monitoring (u/s and bloodwork) at that office the actual inseminations were not convenient from work/home at all.

Things that would make a pracitice more inclusive: photos of same sex couples and same sex couple testimonials in their marketing materials and forms that are not gender specific (partner/spouse vs father/husband.) Attendance at Pride/marketing in GLBT publications (local gay paper.)

Congratulations! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Ours is an AI center, not really a fertility clinic, and we chose it because it is geared more toward LGBT folks/single women whose only problem is lack of sperm.  It was recommended by my PCP and I didn't really shop around because I was happy with their philosophy (very low intervention).  I prefer as little medical intervention in my life/pregnancy as possible and I didn't want drugs/treatments unless they were necessary.

HOWEVER if we were to switch clinics for any reason it would be really important to me to know that a place had LGBT clients who were happy with their services.  Anything on the website or anything else that made that known would be a huge comfort to us.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We chose ours for location and hours (and accepting my insurance...). The fact they had a same-sex portion of their webpage didn't hurt one bit. And their stats are good too :)
  • no specific advice...just wanted to say congrats to Melanie on the clinic wanting her to be their photographer!
  • We chose based on location and what we could find of reputation (a rec. from the local LGBT center didn't hurt).  We wanted a page about same-sex families on their website, inclusive language, and photos of same-sex families, but I honestly can't even remember if our clinic has them now after looking at several.  Well, I know their forms are decent.  But I think pictures on the website and brochures is really nice!!

Congrats to Melanie! 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • image2brides:

We chose it because it was a big practice, I heard it had good stats, and I thought that the office was convenient - turns out they only do monitoring (u/s and bloodwork) at that office the actual inseminations were not convenient from work/home at all.

Things that would make a pracitice more inclusive: photos of same sex couples and same sex couple testimonials in their marketing materials and forms that are not gender specific (partner/spouse vs father/husband.) Attendance at Pride/marketing in GLBT publications (local gay paper.)

Congratulations! 

Yes This! 

We choose ours based on recommendation and location, but I love that their forms are not gender specific and no one bats an eye at seeing 2 women. Had I been just searching online though, their site doesn't show same-sex couples or have a specific page for same sex couples so I *might* have passed them up for one that does.But SO glad we did not as our RE's office is AMAZING and I can't imagine going anywhere else.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"