April 2011 Moms

Intro and quick question

Hi everyone! I scan the boards every so often but have never commented. Thought I'd take a minute to say hi. My DS was born April 23rd (coming up on 4 months!!).He's our first and growing so fast. He rolled for the first time a couple days ago - SUPER exciting.

But here's my problem/question. DS loves to stand. He's not so interested in his play mat anymore and loves when I hold him up. I have a Johny Jump Up for him and he's really getting into it but the only door I have for it is the back of the house. That doesn't help me out when I am trying to get something done and he wants to be upright. I want to buy him an Exersaucer or a Jumperoo to keep out in the family room. I don't know which on to pick.... Anyone have any insight.... Pros/Cons of either??

I realize this shouldn't be such a big desicion, but they take up so much space that I don't want to be buy a bunch of these things just to figure out what works best.... Thanks for any help in this desicion.

Re: Intro and quick question

• Hi!  I have 3 boys and by far have gotten much more use out of my jumperoo than my exersaucer.  It seems to entertain them (as well as the parents who get to laugh at them jumping!) for much longer.  I hope that helps!;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the fisher price rainforest jumperoo and ds loves loves loves it :)
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the fisher price farm jumperoo and Jack loves it.  He would also rather be standing!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagek.plank:

Hi everyone! I scan the boards every so often but have never commented. Thought I'd take a minute to say hi. My DS was born April 23rd (coming up on 4 months!!).He's our first and growing so fast. He rolled for the first time a couple days ago - SUPER exciting.

But here's my problem/question. DS loves to stand. He's not so interested in his play mat anymore and loves when I hold him up. I have a Johny Jump Up for him and he's really getting into it but the only door I have for it is the back of the house. That doesn't help me out when I am trying to get something done and he wants to be upright. I want to buy him an Exersaucer or a Jumperoo to keep out in the family room. I don't know which on to pick.... Anyone have any insight.... Pros/Cons of either??

I realize this shouldn't be such a big desicion, but they take up so much space that I don't want to be buy a bunch of these things just to figure out what works best.... Thanks for any help in this desicion.

Our DS's sound very similar.  Mine was born on 4/25 and he *loves* to stand and walk with help.  We're borrowing a jumperoo from SIL - she just brought it over on Monday.  He's still a little small and unsure about it but I think he'll go crazy for it soon.  It's similar to the rain forest one.  You can get that on Amazon for around $75 with free shipping.

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone, I found a baby einstien jumperoo that looks like it will keep him busy for hours! Appreciate the help!
  • I don't have any suggestions.  I just wanted to say welcome.  Our DS's have the same birthday!
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Welcome! I was going to mention that we also have the Fisher Price Rain Forest Jumperoo, but looks like you already found one you like! We also looked at the Baby Einstein one and I had my heart set on it. I found mine on Craigslist 5 miles away for $25 though and I couldn't pass it up. It was in great shape and I saved a lot of money.

My DS loves to stand and jump all the time. He was a preemie and is a bit short for the jumperoo, but we put a box under it and it works perfectly now! He's still to short for his Johnny Jump Up though. (He's just now 22.5"). One other thing we are getting soon is a walker. He loves to be wherever people are, so I look forward to using that in the kitchen or laundry room when I am cooking dinner, doing laundry, etc... 

I'm glad you found something you like and I hope your enjoy the April Boards! 

Lilypie - (MLGF)Lilypie - (yERV)
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"