Multiples

The results are in....

They're ID!!!!! 

So now I wonder about Cooper's cleft.  Since Cleft Lip/Palate is considered multi-factoral (could be genetic OR environmental) does that mean it was an environmental cause?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The results are in....

• Finally! And I knew it! ;)
    Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I know nothing about cleft lip/palate but I always thought they looked ID!!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • OH ANDDDDDD...they weren't di-di  like I was told at 13 weeks, they were mo-di.
  • Yeah!  I knew it!

That is interesting about the cleft.  I wonder how one got it and not the other!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMADforever2009:
    OH ANDDDDDD...they weren't di-di  like I was told at 13 weeks, they were mo-di.

Strange! (And scary how often people in the medical world screw that up.)

~Crystal~ SAHM to Sam (5), Hugh (3), Mary & Grace (22 months) : )
  • Awesome!
  • I knew it!  They sure are cute.

• duhhhhhhhhhhh!

;)

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • as i was opening this post, i was thinking ID!!!!

such cute little guys :)

• Congrats on finding out! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageNicoleeBonsai:

as i was opening this post, i was thinking ID!!!!

Ditto all of this! Yay for finding out!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Yay, I knew it!  So whatshisname came through for you finally!  You sent him an edible arrangement, didn't you....Wink
  • great news!
  • GO ID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes
    Clicky to our blog!! imageimage 14 Months Old!
  • So glad that you were finally able to find out, but it stinks that you had to pay for DNA test, rather than having the correct info during your pregnancy.

One thing that I remember learning about palate formation in one of my embryonic/neonatal pathophysiology classes from grad school was that the palate forms around the 8th week of gestation and the lip a little later than that.  Typically if it was a genetic condition it is usually associated with other factors that are as a result of a "syndrome".  In your LO's case I would assume that it was just a "fluke" that when the cells divided/ structures were forming that it did not come together properly as would be a similar case for a neural tube defect.  I believe there is another bumpie on this board who has ID's triplets and one of the little girls had spinal bifida (I remember reading in a blog) and the other two were not affected. 

• I knew it!  They're super cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats!!  I have been wondering when the results were coming!  Our boys arent identical (pretty sure), but we had Carson genetically tested and they said his was a fluke not genetic.

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
    Baby #3 due January 2016
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• My sister's cleft palate and cleft lip were a fluke but we both had them look over our babies during u/s and after birth.  They look very much identical!
  • imagekmb585:

So glad that you were finally able to find out, but it stinks that you had to pay for DNA test, rather than having the correct info during your pregnancy.

One thing that I remember learning about palate formation in one of my embryonic/neonatal pathophysiology classes from grad school was that the palate forms around the 8th week of gestation and the lip a little later than that.  Typically if it was a genetic condition it is usually associated with other factors that are as a result of a "syndrome".  In your LO's case I would assume that it was just a "fluke" that when the cells divided/ structures were forming that it did not come together properly as would be a similar case for a neural tube defect.  I believe there is another bumpie on this board who has ID's triplets and one of the little girls had spinal bifida (I remember reading in a blog) and the other two were not affected. 

Hey, that's me!

Based on your sig picture, they sure do look ID to me.  We are in the same boat.  The doctors can't fully explain why only Anna has spina bifida - there was probably an underlying genetic condition (neural tube defect) that was triggered by not enough folic acid being distributed.  My MFM did tell me that he sees a lot of birth defects (I hate using that word) with IDs because of the cells dividing. 

I have done some research and interestingly enough, there are a lot of ID twins out there and only 1 will have spina bifida.  Sometimes they both have it.

• imagepea-kay:

duhhhhhhhhhhh!

;)

This!
  • imageNicoleeBonsai:

as i was opening this post, i was thinking ID!!!!

This.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"