Parenting after a Loss

**Pg While PAL check in**

Hi there girls! Another week has passed. Look at the tickers go!  Yay!

Question of the week:

How do you envision life at home changing with another LO around? How do you see things changing in responsibility between you and DH? Any changes to your other child's/children's routine when the new baby gets here?  Discuss.

Have a good day! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **Pg While PAL check in**

• Well, since DH is quitting his job in mid-December to be a SAHD, I envision HUGE changes.  I work full time from home so it will be quite the adjustment for both of us.  We want a bigger house, but with him quitting and the job market, it's just not forseeable in the near future.  In the meantime, we are stuck in this TINY house and I will move my work desk to our bedroom.

I imagine it's going to be noisy during the day when I am working, but it's joyful noise.  Let's just hope my employer tolerates it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • I get to join you guys now! The question is obviously way early for me to answer but I assume that DH will help more in the evenings once he is home(he will probably be more hands on with helping Mark eat and bath).
    BFP #1 06/15/08 Missed M/C 07/22/08
    BFP #2 11/08/08 Chemical Pregnancy 11/14/08
    BFP #3 01/17/10 Mark Jason born Sept 16 2010
    BFP #4 08/17/11 Chemical Pregnancy 08/23/11
    BFP #5 01/06/12 Blighted Ovum 2/2/12 M/C 2/11/12
    BFP #6 11/28/12 EDD 08/10/13 Saw/Heard Heartbeat 12/20!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Great question!  Things will be wayyy different for us.  I plan to leave my job to be a SAHM.  In the mean time, DH works from home so we are really going to have to balance that out. But I'm so excited!  DS was so upset when I left him at school today :( Only approx 133 more days little buddy and we will be home together at last!!! yay!!!!!!!!
    Asher Thomas 5.19.10
    Miles Edmund 12.29.11
    Liam Robert 1.21.14
    Baby 4...ok probably another boy here haha 9.20.15
  • For us I think I'll just need even more help around the house with chores and with DH playing with DD while I take care of DS and vice versa. Basically instead of two on one of us vs. DD now it's man to man which could make things trickier for sure! DH talks a lot about taking DD out on "dates" to the zoo, museum, mall, etc. to keep her busy/happy, etc., especially once it gets colder and she can't get outside as much.
  • I envision things to get a lot busier w/ even less time to workout, keep the house clean, etc.

DH helps out now but hopefully he'll put 1 of the kids to sleep.

There won't be much change to DD's routine - I'm thinking I'll still keep her in DC at least part time while I'm on ML so it's not too hard of an adjustment going back after 3 months.

• imageMrsDiff22:
    I get to join you guys now! The question is obviously way early for me to answer but I assume that DH will help more in the evenings once he is home(he will probably be more hands on with helping Mark eat and bath).

Congrats!!

• Well, I am officially a SAHM come Monday, so I can only imagine I will have more time to dedicate to DS before DD arrives. Once DD arrives, I think it will take some time for DS to adjust to not having mommy at his beck and call, which will probably lead to some tantrums-I'm ready. DH is really great with DS so I'm sure he'll take on some more responsibility with him. He has every other Friday off and has mentioned making those "Daddy-Son Days". I think DD will really disrupt DS's sleep habits. He's never been a great sleeper and goes through bouts of sleeping straight through (7p-6/7a) and waking during the night, not to mention he's a pretty light sleeper so the crying may take some getting used to. We'll see in ~3.5 weeks!

Missed m/c at 11w 7/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies!

Well, we plan on turning the den to Jason's toddler room so I hope that transition goes smoothly.  I also plan to babywear a lot more with this one so I can keep up with Jason.  DH has always been great with pitching in when he's needed so I will probably lean on him more with another kiddo.  Other than that, I think we'll still have the arragement with me working PT second shift and DH coming home early to watch the kids when I'm gone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm transferring departments next month for a part time position where I'll be working every other weekend and a handful of 5-8pm shifts during the week.  This will allow us to take DS out of daycare to stay home with me (and DS#2 when he arrives).  I'm glad I'll be transitioning to this 3 months before the baby comes, that way DS will have more time to adjust to being at home and not at daycare anymore.  I worry that he's going to get bored with me, since he's been in daycare since he was 9 weeks old and is a super active and social guy.  I'm going to have to work hard to be a fun mom while in 3rd tri!.  DH is going to have to take on a lot more responsibility with having to wrangle 2 boys while I'm away at work.  He's already talking about how he'll just spend a lot of that time over at him mom's house with them.  It kinda annoys me because I'll be with them for 9-10 hours per day all on my own without any assistance.  I'm hoping he suprises me... 
    Prolactinoma, Hypothyroidism, PCOS m/c 8-19-08 @ 9wks 3d
    "And where was I before the day that I first saw your lovely face? Now I see it everyday and I know that I am the luckiest."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"