Boston Babies

Brigham & Women's/Newton Wellesly NICU

Hi!

Wondering if you have experience to share about either of these NICU's. My little guy is at B&W. We are thinking of switching to NWH. Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Brigham & Women's/Newton Wellesly NICU

• What Level is Newton Well?  I'd love to know why you are thinking of switching.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We were VERY resistant to switch initially, but my baby is now in the intermediate NICU, not high-risk, and the care is very different. My gut is telling me to get out. We toured NWH, and it's wonderful- very personal. They are a level 2A. The next level up is 3, which is BW and Children's.

I could care less about the parking etc, and convenience.. I just want the best care for my baby. B&W was that when he was high-risk, but now, I want him somewhere where the nurses will pay attention to him, even though he's a healthier baby... and where I can call at night and not feel like a jerk. I just see a huge difference between NICU levels at B&W.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • my sister was at B&W for 4 months and they kept her alive she was very ill. I had a friend who transferred her twins and then had to send them back to B&W.  If you do decide to transfer make sure there is a nurse in the ambulance. If you think he will get better care go with your gut, as he can always go back.
    TTC#1
    DX Hypothyroid,Prolactinoma, Annovulatory Cycles, Celiac, Lichen,IBS, Severe Allergies ETC>>
    M/C 1/2011
    May 2011 Clomid 50mg +Ovidrel-BFN
    June 2011 HSG, DH SA Both Normal
    Sept 2011 C/P
    Sep 2011 IUI w/Frozen Sperm, progesterone therapy
  • My sister was born at the Brigham at 28 weeks. Two weeks after she moved to Winchester. Not sure how that hospital is now but the care was amazing according to my mom and from what I remember they seemed really together and caring. Mind you this was 21 years ago. I have heard good things about Newton though! I actually work at Brigham in the Cord Blood program and plan on delivering our twins there. I'm sorry to hear that the level of care is not as good in the other NICU.
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"