South Florida Babies

Sweet Little Innocent DD :-)

She asked me "can you control if you want a baby mommy?  If you say, I want a baby now, or I don't want a baby now?"  Oh sweet baby girl, I love her.  I told her yes, you have control, (not exactly when, but she doesn't understand that) and that you should be married.  She says "yes, I know mommy".  She is in early puberty and will be getting her period in a year or two which she knows....do you all think about the "birds and the bees" talk?  Have not had that yet....I want to keep her innocent, but on the other hand I know she will need to learn about this (in PG form) vs finding out through school and so she knows what that kind of relationship between a man and a woman is.  I need to get together with my friend that is a child psychologist....she always has great advice (and resources, books) to look to for help.
Natalia
Konstantino
Maximo
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/

Re: Sweet Little Innocent DD :-)

• Yep, my mom was always very open with me and that's how I am and plan to be with DD. I already have talked to her about periods, like you said in a PG form. She doesn't believe in privacy in the bathroom too much so she has come in while I'm having my period and asked and I told her and that was that, she said ok and walked off. My parenting philosophy on this and sex is that having an ongoing open age-appropriate dialogue is important. I agree with you I would rather she learn the actual facts from me as opposed to rumors from kids at school. I want DD to know that she can come to me for anything.
    image image

• imageMrsLeanna:
    Yep, my mom was always very open with me and that's how I am and plan to be with DD. I already have talked to her about periods, like you said in a PG form. She doesn't believe in privacy in the bathroom too much so she has come in while I'm having my period and asked and I told her and that was that, she said ok and walked off. My parenting philosophy on this and sex is that having an ongoing open age-appropriate dialogue is important. I agree with you I would rather she learn the actual facts from me as opposed to rumors from kids at school. I want DD to know that she can come to me for anything.

This exactly! My parents never spoke to me about sex.  Tell me your experience...what you remember your mom telling you as a child...at what age(s) and how she verbalized/explained it at each age.  Just curious.  Sometimes I am afraid the more she knows, will that intrigued her curiosity and have her explore?? But then again, DH and I tease each other how she has always been a "goody goody" every since she was little following rules, telling other kids to talk nice to their moms or that is not good, etc.  Of course, all that could change...but we are on top of her and she seems to have great morals, values, respect and really a good heart and judgement.  I am praying it stays that way.

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • Loading the player...
  • seems like you are doing a great job with her! Just keep on top of her and make sure she knows she can come to you for anything!
  • imageVandRicky:
    seems like you are doing a great job with her! Just keep on top of her and make sure she knows she can come to you for anything!

Thank you.  She truly is an amazing child.  We are very blessed!

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"