Illinois Babies

Asking again... Nanny-share anyone????

Just wondering,

Is anyone involved in a Nanny-share, or know anything about them?

I live in the south loop & was curious about that form of daycare...

Thanks All :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Asking again... Nanny-share anyone????

• I have a friend who is a Nanny for 2 families. She is great, but from the sound of it, it is WAY more expensive that you'd think. They pay her CASH, Pay for taxes, 2 weeks vacation, sick days...she probably ends up making about 70k a year.

I live in the South Loop and just checked out It Takes A Village at 800 South Wells. We really liked it, and are going to take our little one there.

I have another friend who takes her son to the KinderCare at 15th at State. She likes it too. I would just STAY AWAY FROM MARY SEARS. That is the daycare that left a toddler in the park in June, and didn't even notice he was missing! Not even when someone brought the child there to see if they had left him!

good luck! 

• I would second It Takes A Village based on my friend's experience there- I live in the north/northwest suburbs but work in the loop and considered taking my baby there, but the logistics don't work for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is probably a bit late, I dont usually check this board since there isnt umuch activity. I live in the south loop as well. We are using A Child's Space. I think there are some families in my building that might share but I am not sure how theirs works. Having a nanny can be just as much as day care if not more. We have always talked that once we have another, it would be better for us to consider a nanny. Until then the cost is better for day care.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"