3rd Trimester
Options

Belly Botton Ring....those who have put it back in after baby

I broke down today and took my belly button ring out. I know that they make maternity rings that are plastic, but I was curious if anyone has taken their belly button ring and been able to put it back in after birth. I've had mine for over 12 years and I'm sad to see it go I must say. I was just wondering if it grew shut quickly, or if I would be able to put it back in after birth. Thanks for you advice/opinions!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Belly Botton Ring....those who have put it back in after baby

• Options
    Well being your are already 31 weeks you should have no problem putting it back in. After my first I had to kind of re-pierce it (hurt a little) but I was way skinny before and the skin was stretched really really tight and it closed it a bit. But after the 2nd it went right back in. But (this may sound gross) the extra skin is kind of loose which is gross to me but I do not want mine to close. And I have a bit of weight to lose yet and toning up to do so hopefully it wont be for long. So yes my ring is in the but with the loose skin  and stretch marks and who am I kidding...lot of toning to do...noone will be seeing it anytime soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Curious...did you take it out because it was irritating you or you were just over it?  I still have mine and have been wearing the flexible belly rings.  I was wondering how long it takes to close up too.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My husband has been bugging me for MONTHS to take it out and this morning it was a little sore so I thought that I should FINALLY take it out. Even though I'm 31 weeks, I have yet to have one person ask me if I'm pregnant. I'm carrying all my weight in my butt and thighs and honestly no one believes me when I tell them I'm more than 7 months. How does the flexi one feel? Is it pulling or hurting at all, I've thought about getting one, but thats as far as it's gotten.

• Options
    I took mine out with DS1 pretty early (can't remember exactly when).  I had no problem putting it back in at 8 weeks or so after delivery.  I have had it about 15 years.  I took it out for this pregnancy too.  Hopefully it will be just as easy to reinsert the ring this time!   
  • Options
    I'm still wearing one, a pregnancy one but I wanted to be sure mine didn't close.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"