1st Trimester
Options

Forgot what they do at 8 week appt...refresh my memory?

With DD, from what I recall, they just did a pap and blood work.  They scheduled me for a dating ultrasound the following week because my periods were irregular due to my previous miscarriage.  I don't think I'll have an ultrasound this time around, so I'm just curious how they make sure everything is progressing...is it just by your HCG levels?  I don't think they can listen to the heartbeat yet, right?

Just feeling insecure because I'm not sick yet and I was already sick with DD by this point.  I know all pregnancies are different, but still makes me worry.  So I'm just wondering if I'll get any reassurance at the 8 week appointment.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Forgot what they do at 8 week appt...refresh my memory?

• Options
    Depends on the office. At mine it's just an RN visit where they tell you what not to eat, how appointment scheduling will go, etc etc. It's not even held in an exam room. They did give me the option of having my prenatal blood work done and I did since the lab was right next door. But that's it. My MW visit (pap and all that) isn't until 12 weeks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    My 8 week appt (well, it was closer to 9 weeks) was my second appt because my doc squeezed me in as soon as I found out I was prego, but had no clue how far along I was. At my first appt. we did a family history, blood pressure, weighed me, took a million blood samples, and scheduled a dating U/S. At my 8 week appt. I had a pap/physical, blood pressure, pee in a cup, and she felt how big my uterus was. She didn't even try to listen to the heart beat because she said it was unlikely we'd hear it, but at my next one she will for sure.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The 8 week appointment is pretty tame at my OB too.  Nothing really.  He checked to see if I had questions.  I think last time he checked my breasts but with this pregnancy he hasn't.

I'm a little off on my visits.  I just had a 10 1/2 week appointment.  He attempted to listen for the heartbeat.  Didn't find it so he offered an u/s.  I jumped on that! :-)  Got to see the baby moving all over the place Big Smile

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I had an u/s at my 8 week appointment.  I went over any questions I had with my Dr. and that was it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My physician did a series of blood work for quantitative hCG & progesterone. My ultrasound is this week, when I'll be 8w0d. I'm terribly excited and hoping we hear a heart beat. No physical exam yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"