Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I love the Nosefrida, but will it make me sick if DD is sick?

I've been feeling under the weather lately....

I never used the Nosefrida with my DS, but I have been with DD since she was a NB. I think she's coming down with something.

Can I inhale her germs? This seems like a no-brainer, but also a huge deterrent to using the Nosefrida. 

I realize some of you are going Nosefri...wha?? Yeah, it's awesome. Don't judge :)

Any of you BTDT moms have experience here?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I love the Nosefrida, but will it make me sick if DD is sick?

• I thought the little filters are what made it sanitary?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love my Nosefrida, too.  (DD hates it!)  It has that sponge thingy at the end of the tube, so I know that would keep the big stuff out, but I don't know about germs.  However, I bet you're getting her germs in many other ways - fingers in the face and all that.  So really I'm no help. :)  Just wanted to say that I love it, too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesnowybride08:
    I love my Nosefrida, too.  (DD hates it!)  It has that sponge thingy at the end of the tube, so I know that would keep the big stuff out, but I don't know about germs.  However, I bet you're getting her germs in many other ways - fingers in the face and all that.  So really I'm no help. :)  Just wanted to say that I love it, too!

Good point :)

I just thought tonight...am I sucking in her germs? I mean, there's some force there, ya' know? Lol

•  Hi! Congrats on your new addition!

We had a discussion about this on my local board the other day. Several posters responded saying that they have never gotten sick from using it on their sick kiddos.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I just got one this week! The baby store said they can barely keep them in stock!

I bought some extra filters on amazon, and the package says that they keep out bacteria. However, I doubt they could keep out viruses.

BUT... I figure I'm in such close contact with DD anyway, if I'm going to get sick from her, I'm going to get sick from her.... ya know? 

DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • i thought about this too !  

the nosefrida is awesome. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH bought the Nose Frida about two months ago, when DS got his second cold. He had from my best friend that it was a miracle worker and did so much of  a better job than the bulb. It kind of grossed me out at first. Hoever, I got over it quick as I noticed how good of job it does. I'll do anything to help DS feel better. He's gotten sick two more times since then I've never gotten sick. You just have to assure that you're changing out the filters frequently as that's what protects you. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"