April 2011 Moms

Bottle feeding mamas

Have you switched LO to the medium flow nipples yet? I've been trying for about a week but DD seems to still dribble most of the formula out of her mouth. DS never had this problem so I'm at a loss. Do I just make the switch and assume she'll get the hang of it?

Re: Bottle feeding mamas

• He can take them on occasion, but still prefers slow flow.  My DD was the same way.  With her we went from slow to fast at about 6 months.

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• We just switched DD over to medium flow this weekend (we use MAM bottles). The only reason we switched is because she was taking 4.5 oz at a time fine for a week or so, then all of a sudden had trouble even taking 3-4 oz and feedings seemed to take longer. She seems to be doing fine with them so far.
  • Loading the player...
  • LO is still using slow flow, she sucks too quickly as it is & spits up so I'm afraid medium flow would just make it worse.
    Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Switched my guy at 2 months b/c he was sucking so hard and getting himself worked up.  Switched to faster nipples and he was soooo much better, even had less gas.  We have to pay attention while feeding him though b/c he still sometimes eats too fast and with the faster nipples he ends up coughing.  We just take the bottle away when he gets too excited. From my reading, what nipple speed you use has a lot to do with how fast your flow was when/if you breastfed in addition to age.  Don't change just because of age.  Give LO time; you'll be able to tell when to change the nipple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"