April 2011 Moms
Options

HELP!! Flying with LO on Thursday...

So my husband, myself and the LO are flying down to GA on Thursday. This will involve one plane change, as they didn't have a direct flight.

I need advice please! What should I bring? Any tips for making the flight smoother for both me and Jack? Does he need some sort of ID? Any advice will be very appreciated! Thanks!  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     

Re: HELP!! Flying with LO on Thursday...

• Options
    Since we didn't have a separate seat for LO, I wore her and checked the car seat. I carried on the diaper bag and a duffel bag -- both filled with a day's worth of baby supplies. I actually thought the whole thing was pretty easy and I'm looking forward to our next flight in September!

Technically, most airlines say they require a birth certificate but no one even checked hers. I'd bring it just in case, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

When we flew with Chase, we kept the car seat and stroller with us and gate checked it so that we would have it in the airports.  This really helps if you have a layover.  You might check to see if this is a possibility with your airline.  I carried him on the plane and we took turns holding him in flight.  We had a copy of his birth certificate as well, but they never checked it.  If you swaddle LO when she naps, you might want to take one with you.  We fed Chase on takeoff and landing to help with the pressure changes.  Just make sure you don't feed too soon, or she might finish before the pressure could get to her ears.

Good luck, and have a great trip!

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We were going for a pretty long flight with a layover, so we brought the carseat and the stroller and they just checked it at the gate.

I also brought my ring sling to wear her while on the plane, but apparently the plane ride = instant sleep.

I brought the birth certificate just in case, but they didn't ask for it.

Make sure you have enough bottles to feed (if you are FF).  We brought empty bottles and take-along packs of the formula and just bought water once we were past security.  That way, I didn't have to get frisked.

HTH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have done four flights with LO.  We flew southwest and they required a birth certificate and checked it.  We didn't get an extra seat so we brought the stroller through the airport and I carried him through the security.  It was really easy.  We gate checked the stroller.  On the plane I nursed him on the way up on each flight.  Usually he was asleep for the landing but if he wasn't I would have nursed on the way down as well.  He didn't really need any toys to entertain him.  I brought a fabric book he loves though, his sophie and lots of pacis.  They all really went well.  Good luck! 
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"