April 2011 Moms

Transition to daycare not going so smoothly

DD is definetely having a bit of trouble with the transition to daycare and it's wearing me down!  I've been sending her for some half days while I work a summer program before I go back to teaching full time.  She is only taking 20 minute naps in someone's arms, if at all and refusing to take a bottle. 

As a result, my darling LO that used to sleep pretty great at night is up every 2 hours now because she is starving and probably overtired.  I'm trying to feed her as much as possible after I pick her up and giving her a large bottle of pumped milk before bed, but it doesn't seem to be helping.  DH goes in and tries to soothe her first, but she gets angry and I end up feeding her.  She's eating, more like devouring her food and then back to sleep. But this is not exactly when feedings should be happening.  Not quite sure how to reverse this before I'm back in the classroom and trying to keep up with my Integrated pre-k class. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Transition to daycare not going so smoothly

• I wish I could help but I am in the same boat.  I have already started back to work teaching and I am exhausted.  This is DS's second week of daycare and he still refuses to nap.  He has been getting two naps from 20-30 minutes each over an 8.5 hour time span.  He is taking his bottles which surprised me.  His night time sleep has gone to h*ll though.  I was hoping it would get better this week but so far no luck.  He comes home from daycare every night and nurses himself to sleep.  Hopefully these babies will get the hang of daycare sooner rather than later.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry it's not going so smoothly right now. I wish I had some advice. I hope it gets better quickly.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"