ehhh I'm just really confused.
The good news is that his skull is closing normally with no gaps or fractures which is AWESOME Basically the Dr said, the choice is ours. He said on a scale from moderate to severe plagiocephaly, he would classify B as severe. He then went on to say that since he is so young that PT and repositioning alone could fix his head shape with no intervention OR we could do a pressure band/helmet. He said it is a personal decision and he can't give an official opinion.The decision needs to be made ASAP b/c the helmet is most effective when worn by 6mths of age.
The problem is faith. DH is an optimist; he says B already looks so much better and now that he's sitting up more he will be fine on his own. Me, I am nervous pessimist. I feel like- what if he doesn't get better. All the pressure of doing his stretches/positioning falls on me and if he is still misshapen- let's say 6mths down the road, I'll blame myself. I definitely don't want the stress of the process of getting the helmet or the adjustment & discomfort for Brandon.
I am the worst decision maker. I'm really torn.