April 2011 Moms
Options

XP: First day back to work tomorrow!

I'm going to be going through dimply smiles and drooly kisses withdrawl.

I'm a little nervous because she never makes it through the hour in our church nursery without me getting called in there. She can be a fussy pants, especially when she is away from me. I'm so worried she's going to wreak havoc on the daycare.

Tell me it's going to be ok, that Nora isn't going to think I abandoned her, that we'll both adjust, that the daycare ladies will love her, BUT that she won't grow to love her daycare ladies more than she loves me.

Of course, I'm mostly kidding, but I could use some encouraging words to get me through my first day. :-)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

Re: XP: First day back to work tomorrow!

• Options
    For me the anticipation of the first day away was actually worse than the actual first day away. Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll both do great. And just think of how happy you'll both be when you get home. Being back at work has really made me appreciate and treasure the time I get to spend with my little guy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagekestock120:
    For me the anticipation of the first day away was actually worse than the actual first day away. Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll both do great. And just think of how happy you'll both be when you get home. Being back at work has really made me appreciate and treasure the time I get to spend with my little guy.

I think that I am going to feel the exact same way.. that the anticipation was the worst and that I'll treasure each moment (even the fussy ones) more. Thanks, lady!!

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a teacher too and I actually had to go back the last 3 weeks of the school year and it was hard, but it made it all worth it when she smiled and reached for me when I came to pick her up after school. Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekestock120:

This word for word.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage.
  • Options

imagekestock120:

ITA. I won't lie, that first day at work when he was at daycare was a very unproductive one. But that was two weeks ago, and now that we are in a routine, I am really pleased with how it is all going. Good luck today!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The anticipation is worse than the day. I did cry when I left her the first day...but after that...each day got easier. I just took it one day at a time and now it's just routine. I still miss her but I also enjoy having my work life back too.

The only thing I dread now is the constant pumping sessions...LOL I'm kinda ready to let go of that part already. :( Trying to stay strong!

Update us on how the first day went, Sarah! GL!!!!!!!

• Options

imagekestock120:

Exactly!  I love going home to my cutie pies at the end of every day.  Also, I used to work really long hours, and my girls have given me an excuse to leave the office at a decent time, which makes me a happier worker as well.

• Options
    I go back a week from today and I'm dreading it as well.  The replies here make me feel a bit better, though.  DH is staying home with her for a while, so that helps, at least I'm not worried about an unfamiliar daycare.
    Been away from theBump for a while, getting active again for all the good advice :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck!  I hope it was better than expected. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKmhsswim:
    Good luck!  I hope it was better than expected. 

It was! Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Nora decided to wake up at 4:15 this morning, which was really rough. I got her to fall back to sleep with me from 5:30-6:30. We dropped her off at daycare at 7:30, and I did shed a few tears as I walked back to my car. I made my husband call to check on her because I was afraid I would hear her crying and get upset. He texted me to tell me that the DCP said she was doing well, taking a nap, not eating much but that is typical at first. When I got there after work, she was crying some, but stopped as soon as I picked her up. She apparently really enjoyed watching the other kids play and even liked the swing  there, which was surprising because she hates our swing at home lol. I am relieved. I hope tomorrow goes as well as today did, other than the lack of eating.

Thanks again, everyone. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"