April 2011 Moms

POOP STAINS :(

DD is pooping alot more now that she is teething (or maybe thats just in my head) anyways the poop often gets everywhere if I don't change it the instant she is done. I have tried different diaper brands and going up a size but this poop just gets everywhere so my question is any tricks to getting those impossible stains out?! (I am currently using Baby Oxy-Clean but that only does so much)

Re: POOP STAINS :(

• The Dreft stain remover spray always work for me. I also soak the cloths in the sink and scrub with dreft detergent first. Then spay and scrub some more before I put them in the wash!
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wash it immediately and use oxy-clean before it goes in the laundry.bin and we've been lucky to have them all come out clean.  DD used to poop through everything!  I have also heard if you put it out in the sun right away, that removes stains, but I have yet to try it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The sun works wonders!! DD pooped all over her white (why do they make anything baby white??) infant lamby seat on Thursday. I rinsed it then and today ran it through the wash but there was some stain there when I took it out. I laid out in the sun for an hour - gone!! I only recently heard of this and was amazed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yikes, I didn't realize how easily poop stains could set in. We haven't done a thing for ours other than wash them as we normally would and they have all come out--I might need to pay a bit more attention to them from now on, though... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageMella&T:
    The sun works wonders!! DD pooped all over her white (why do they make anything baby white??) infant lamby seat on Thursday. I rinsed it then and today ran it through the wash but there was some stain there when I took it out. I laid out in the sun for an hour - gone!! I only recently heard of this and was amazed.

huge 2nd on the sun. i do this with our cloth diapers and they look new every time. 

imageimage
  • imageKERJF:

imageMella&T:
    The sun works wonders!! DD pooped all over her white (why do they make anything baby white??) infant lamby seat on Thursday. I rinsed it then and today ran it through the wash but there was some stain there when I took it out. I laid out in the sun for an hour - gone!! I only recently heard of this and was amazed.

huge 2nd on the sun. i do this with our cloth diapers and they look new every time. 

I 3rd this - I love sticking our diapers in the window to sun out any stains and get them back to pearly whiteness :)
  • wow thank you so much!!! for using the sun do I just put stuff by the window because I don't really have anywhere to put them outside right now?
  • We use Shout Advance Action Gel for set-in stains. So far it has been able to get out pretty much anything we throw at it. I just make sure to check the item before putting it into the dryer and re-spray and wash if needed.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Sun gets out even set in stains. I think you can do it by a window as long as you have direct light.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"