Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Cycle after a chemical pregnancy

This is probably a common question but I was curious if anyone else has experienced an unusually long cycle after a chemical pregnancy? I had a chemical pregnancy last month and now this month I have not ovulated nor started my period and I am on day 38 with no end in sight. It seems everything I have read online says that your cycle after a chemical pregnancy should return to normal right away. Its kind of freaking me out and I was hoping that someone else has had similar experience?
June 2011 - chemical pregnancy September 2011 - chemical pregnancy March 2012 - miscarriage at 12 wks firsttherain.blogspot.com

Re: Cycle after a chemical pregnancy

• Options

I am not of much help my cycle after the c/p was like 3 days shorter. The only thing I can think of is that it took a few days for your levels to go to zero delaying your cycle a little bit. I know it's "normal" for your cycles to be a little off after a miscarriage. You might get more answers if you post on TTAL. They are very nice over there! Good luck!

I think after 60 days your Dr. can prescribe you a pill to start you period if it gets to that point. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagematc:

I am not of much help my cycle after the c/p was like 3 days shorter. The only thing I can think of is that it took a few days for your levels to go to zero delaying your cycle a little bit. I know it's "normal" for your cycles to be a little off after a miscarriage. You might get more answers if you post on TTAL. They are very nice over there! Good luck!

I think after 60 days your Dr. can prescribe you a pill to start you period if it gets to that point. 

ITA with all of this. It seems like I am Oing early this cycle even. My HGC levels went back down to 0 very quickly though, did you have yours tested?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually O on CD12 or 13 and this cycle (after my CP), I didn't O until CD22. Everyone is different some can go right back to normal but not everyone. I'd wait until CD60 before calling your doctor since like PP said it couldve taken longer for your levels to go back to 0.

• Options

After my cp, my cycle was totally normal.  I agree with PP when she said it could be that your levels didn't drop and caused a delay in your next cycle.  How far along were you? I was just shy of 5 weeks so there probably wasn't much HCG  so my levels were back to <5 when the doctor took my b/w the next day.

Sorry for you loss.

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Options

imageBlueberry Bloom:
    This is probably a common question but I was curious if anyone else has experienced an unusually long cycle after a chemical pregnancy? I had a chemical pregnancy last month and now this month I have not ovulated nor started my period and I am on day 38 with no end in sight. It seems everything I have read online says that your cycle after a chemical pregnancy should return to normal right away. Its kind of freaking me out and I was hoping that someone else has had similar experience?

Also wanted to add not to worry too much since *should* doesn't necessarily mean that you will.  Someone will always be the exception and that could be you. Best of luck!

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Options
    I had a chemical pregnancy in April, and my cycle following that was 44 days. Hang in there. It may just take some time for you body to get back to its normal routine.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your input everyone. I was about 4 1/2 weeks along and my first HCG was only 7. The second test two days later was 2. Since my levels were so low I was hoping that my body would not even "notice" but no such luck. Either way, it is very comforting to hear that other people have had similar experiences and things turned out okay. I'm sure you all know how easy it is to scare yourself reading things online!
    June 2011 - chemical pregnancy September 2011 - chemical pregnancy March 2012 - miscarriage at 12 wks firsttherain.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"