TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

I'm feeling overwhelmed (Mini Vent)

I have my u/s and b/w tomorrow and if all looks good I start my meds Saturday evening.  Everything was delivered to my house yesterday from the pharmacy and it was all so overwhelming.  I'm nervous about screwing up my meds and I'm nervous about going through this whole process and the risk of it not working.  I want so badly to be excited and optimistic but a large part of me is terrified.  I'm just having a freak out moment right now and I needed to let it out somewhere.

We're not telling family or anyone that we've moved on to IVF because we don't want all the opinions and we also don't want to get everyones hopes up if it doesn't work.  So I really don't have anyone to talk to but DH and you ladies.  DH tries to help but he doesn't really understand how I feel.  All his test results came back great and the Dr. told him his SA is excellent so I feel like if this doesn't work it's going to be all my fault.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart"

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm a mom to my 4 angel babies who were taken from us much to soon!
BFP#1 on 09/29/09 and EP discovered/Left Tube lost on 10/19/09 EDD 06/12/10
BFP# 2 on 03/21/2010 EDD 11/30/10 Natural M/C on 3/27/10
BFP# 3 on 02/14/2011 EDD 10/28/11 Missed M/C discovered 4/19/11 and D&C 4/21/11 On 5/6/11 we found out our Oct Angel was a beautiful little girl <3
IVF#1=BFP#4 on 8/31/11 EDD 5/12/12 EP discovered and MTX shot given 9/14/ & 9/21 M/C on 10/9/11
IVF#2 and Stims started 12/2 ER 12/16 ET 12/21 transferred two beautiful blastocysts. Please stick LO's! BFP 12/26
Benjamin Matthew Our Little Miracle Born 9/5/2012!
BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

Re: I'm feeling overwhelmed (Mini Vent)

• I'm so sorry Hun! I know all of this can be so overwhelming! It's a situation we haven't had to deal with before and the fear of the unknown is scary! Just b/c your husbands sperm is fine-you can't put this all on shoulders - you are a team. If need to talk PM me-I know it's scary and it's hard not having anyone IRL to talk to!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• It is all overwhelming - the meds, the cost, the risks, the idea that it might not work. I think terrified is a totally normal way to be feeling at this point. Once you figure out how the meds work and get a day or two behind you, I think that anxiety will calm down a lot. Once you figure out what you're doing, that process alone is will seem soooo much simpler than it does now.

Feel free to ask questions and vent your worries along the way. Is there really no one IRL amongst your family and close friends who will be a nonjudgmental sounding board? If there is someone you can trust to just be a sympathetic ear, it might be helpful to confide in that person too while you're going through this. 

• Loading the player...
  • When I got my first med order it was definitely overwhelming, after you get a few injections in, it won't seem as tough. Does your RE have an after hours number if you have any questions? Mine had a nurse you could call with any medicine questions and it was really useful. I tried to always take my meds at the same time, but I did take them a little late once or twice and everything was fine.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• imageColindaP:

It is all overwhelming - the meds, the cost, the risks, the idea that it might not work. I think terrified is a totally normal way to be feeling at this point. Once you figure out how the meds work and get a day or two behind you, I think that anxiety will calm down a lot. Once you figure out what you're doing, that process alone is will seem soooo much simpler than it does now.

Feel free to ask questions and vent your worries along the way. Is there really no one IRL amongst your family and close friends who will be a nonjudgmental sounding board? If there is someone you can trust to just be a sympathetic ear, it might be helpful to confide in that person too while you're going through this. 

No one IRL has ever had any kind of Infertility treatments etc. so alot of my family, especially parents and grandparents, think of stupid stuff like John & Kate plus 8 etc.  My husband's family is extremely judgemental and my family are a bunch of worrierers.  I'm probably going to tell my parents about it because I need some family support!  This whole process is just overwhelming and I'm trying to do my best to take it one day at a time.  Thank you ladies so much for your constant suppport!

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

BFP# 3 on 02/14/2011 EDD 10/28/11 Missed M/C discovered 4/19/11 and D&C 4/21/11 On 5/6/11 we found out our Oct Angel was a beautiful little girl <3
    IVF#1=BFP#4 on 8/31/11 EDD 5/12/12 EP discovered and MTX shot given 9/14/ & 9/21 M/C on 10/9/11
    IVF#2 and Stims started 12/2 ER 12/16 ET 12/21 transferred two beautiful blastocysts. Please stick LO's! BFP 12/26
    BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

• *hugs* Sending thoughts, prayers, and crossed fingers your way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • {{{hugs}}} I wish I had those magic words to make you not feel so overwhelmed, I'm sorry that I don't. I guess all I can say is Good luck!

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Thanks girls!  I feel a little better after going to the Drs this morning for my b/w and u/sand talking to the nurse again about my meds.  It's just all hitting me at once I guess.  When DH and I first started TTC I was a total FH and figured I'd get pregnant right away with no issues.  I never in a million years thought 2yrs and 3 losses later we'd be starting IVF.  I'm grateful to have this as an option don't get me wrong but I hate that any of us need an RE or any kind of Infertility treatments and I just wish we could all have take home babies without so much stress and heart ache.

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

• Big hugs.  It is overwhelming, but we will always be here for you.  Please know that. 

Our issues are all b/c of me and I felt that it was always my fault until DH straight up told me that it wasn't my fault and that it is our issues.  

Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • It will seem overwhelming, but you will do fine.  Try not to look at the whole picture at one time, take in the pieces you need one at a time.  You will get through this.  We have also not talked to anyone about the steps we are about to take.  Feel free to come and vent/whine/cry/laugh whatever with us!  FX that his will give you your take home baby!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed.  I'm really hopeful for you!  Good luck, hon!
  • Big hugs! I hope things go smoothly and anytime you need to, we're here to listen!
  • I totally understand. When we were doing IVF I was scared to tell my mom but when I needed an IM injection that DH was scared to do, we told her and her and my dad were actually really supportive. I also understand not wanting to get people's hopes up. Now on to the meds- those boxes coming is super scary. However, after you do the first day, you'll see it's not that bad. It doesn't hurt that bad either. (not sure if it was said here on not) but to ice the area before the injection with a cold beer and then after you do the shot, you can drink the beer!

I'm sorry, I didn't respond sooner but I didn't have internet for 4 days (stupid Verizon). 

• imageGuppyAmy:

I totally understand. When we were doing IVF I was scared to tell my mom but when I needed an IM injection that DH was scared to do, we told her and her and my dad were actually really supportive. I also understand not wanting to get people's hopes up. Now on to the meds- those boxes coming is super scary. However, after you do the first day, you'll see it's not that bad. It doesn't hurt that bad either. (not sure if it was said here on not) but to ice the area before the injection with a cold beer and then after you do the shot, you can drink the beer!

I'm sorry, I didn't respond sooner but I didn't have internet for 4 days (stupid Verizon). 

Thanks so much hun! Today was day 3 of the injections and they are not nearly as bad as I thought they would be! DH and I do it together which helps and we also made the decision to tell my parents incase for any reason DH can't make an appointment my mom or dad will be there.  They just upped my Follistim from 150 to 225 and then I go back in Wednesday for more b/w.  What were your symptoms from all the meds? My only real noticeable symptom so far is nausea and occassional dizziness!

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

• imagecrystalknpp:

Thanks so much hun! Today was day 3 of the injections and they are not nearly as bad as I thought they would be! DH and I do it together which helps and we also made the decision to tell my parents incase for any reason DH can't make an appointment my mom or dad will be there.  They just upped my Follistim from 150 to 225 and then I go back in Wednesday for more b/w.  What were your symptoms from all the meds? My only real noticeable symptom so far is nausea and occassional dizziness!

It's so nice that you guys do it together. DH would remind me to breath during the injections. I'm glad you told your parents, it makes things a little bit easier if you someone to complain to IRL. As for side effects- honestly I don't remember anything being that bad. I just went back and read my blog and was reminded that I was very bloated near the day of the egg retrieval-  I wanted to wear yoga pants and sit with my feet up. I did drink a lot of Gatorade and I think that helped. Good luck! I'm going to keep stalking you for updates so make sure you post them!

• I haven't been on much, so I am sorry I didn't respond earlier (it was my parents 50th anniversary), but I remember being so overwhelmed at first as well.  It got better quickly though and I am glad to hear that things are going so well.  I really hope that things continue to go well.  I can't wait to hear about your monitoring appt's!!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"