Pre-School and Daycare
Options

How many kids in your preschool class? Teachers?

What age is your child? How many kids in the class? How many teachers? Full day or part day school?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How many kids in your preschool class? Teachers?

• Options

Last year was public pre-school.  

15 in the class.  At least 3 teachers at all times, sometimes more.

This year he's in a day care type setting for a transitional type program for red shirt kids (late summer birthday).

30 kids.  3 teachers.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    imagehowleyshell:

public pre-school.  

15 in the class.  At least 3 teachers at all times, sometimes more.

DS attends the same school district as Howley's DS did. So same stats.

He just started yesterday. He's 3.5. He goes 4 AMs a week for 2 hours 45 minutes each day. He has 1 main teacher, a couple of assistant teachers, and a rotating group of ST, PT, and OT-types. DS is still in the ST program, so is working with that teacher as well, although it's all integrated (meaning the special needs kids are mainstreamed). 

I still have a ton to learn about the program. I don't even know yet with the curriculum really is. I've heard great things about it, but so far I am underwhelmed with the communication. They seem to assume we know it all, but being that it's my first foray into school, I feel a bit behind and confused. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Last year my guys were 3 and attended pre-school twice a week for three hours.  There were 13 in the class with one lead teacher and an assistant teacher.

This year the 4 year old class meets three days a week for three hours.  I think the class size will be the same.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options

DS1 goes to Catholic school (DS2 will start next year).  In their prek 3's and 4's they have up to 12 kids I believe.  They have morning classes (7:50am-10:50am) and afternoon classes (11:50am-3pm). 3's go T & Th, 4's go M-W-F. There are two teachers, a Prek Director and the assistant teacher.

Last year my son's class (3's in the afternoon) had only 10 kids. 

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options

First year of preschool (age 3 turning 4)- 8 students, 1 teacher.

Second yr of preschool- 10 students, 1 teacher. 

I have been totally impressed with the school (private Christian) and their age-appropriate structure for the kids.  I have never seen any classroom or teacher out of control in either of those ratios.  And actually, the pre-k class has 12 students to 1 teacher & she has them all in check as well!  In our area if you mention this school, most people have heard about how good it is- and it's not nearly as expensive as some of the others. 

• Options
    We are in a special program but I love the ratio.  1 certified teacher, 2 aids, and 9 kids.  It is a combined class so it includes 3-4 and 4-5 yo kids.  We do 1/2 day M-Th.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

Catholic school, 12 kids, 2 teachers (1 main and 1 assistant although I don't think there is much distinction).

My DD is in a 3 day a week program, although they do offer a Tu/Th option as well. 2.5 hours each time.  

My DD is 3. 

• Options
    My son is 3, his class next year is 13 kids, 2 teachers and there is a "floater" teacher that helps out in various classes as needed.  It's 3 days a week, half days.
  • Options
    Eva's class has 11 children, one teacher and one parent helper (it's a cooperative preschool).  There is room for one more child- the max is 12.  It's a half day, 2day/week 3 year old program.  The 4 year old program has the same numbers just an additional day/week.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

dd will be in 4yr old preschool. 20 kids with 2 teachers. 3hrs/3 days a week.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    • DS is 3.5 yrs old. 
    • I'm not sure how many will be in his class this Fall.  Currently he's in part-time summer camp and there are approximately 10 kids in his class.
    • He has 1 teacher and 1 teacher's assistant.
    • He has preschool in the morning and the after school care program in the afternoon.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options

For the Intro class (2.5 year olds): 10 kids and 2 teachers

For the 3's class: 14 kids and 2 teachers

For the 4's class: 17 kids and 3 teachers 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options

3 1/2

Max=6

1 fully credentialed teacher

We're doing 3 half days.

• Options
    It's co-op. 24 kids, 1 teacher, 5 parents working each day
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • Options
    DS started preschool last year when he was 2 1/2.  They started with 6 kids and 2 teachers and got 2 more kids in the middle of the year.  It was great!  We had such a good first year.  Not sure how many kids will be in the 3 year old class this year.
  • Options

DS is 2.  He just started at a private Christian pre-school.  There are 8 kids in the class and 1 teacher.  They have 6 pre-school rooms, each room has 1 teacher and there are 3 assistants and the director that all float to help out.

DS does the 1/2 day program, it is M-F 8:15-11:30 (he can go as early as 7 though). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"