3rd Trimester
Options

Gestational diabetes and the rash from hell (long)

At around four months I developed these small horribly itchy bumps under my breasts on my stomach arms and hips.  I had my bile salts checked several times for PUPS diagnosis all times they were normal, I went to a dermatologist etc.  Finally the high risk doctor i'm seeing for my high blood pressure put me on Prednisone and its the only thing that took the rash away.  After it cleared up I decided to go off the Prednisone and of course its back with avengance.  In the meantime I have been diagnosed with Gestational diabetes and am checking my sugar four times a day and on the diabetic diet to which the Drs office was not all that helpful with providing suggestions as to eating.  They told me that my sugar is also going to be higher then normal because Prednisone raises your blood sugar.  I have been following their guidelines and still at night my sugars are high.  Anyone have any suggestions or a good diet they followed that really helps with the sugars.  Thanks in advance!

Kristi

BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Gestational diabetes and the rash from hell (long)

• Options
    Post this on the High Risk board. I think you might get some responses. I also have GD and will think a bit on how to help you. I don't know anything about the rash or Prednisone. Sorry. :(
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options
    My dinner numbers are usually my lowest because I take a 10-15 minute walk after dinner and that seems to bring my numbers down drastically. It was a suggestion by my nurse and you can definitely tell the difference on the nights I don't walk. I would try that!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much!
    BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Checking your bile salts rules out choleostasis of pregnancy, you could indeed have PUPPPS. I've had PUPPPS with both pregnancies so I know how itchy and horrible it is. Oatmeal baths can help, as can sarna cream or taking benedryl. Staying cool will also help to decrease flare-ups. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"