April 2011 Moms

How do you know...?

If your child has aspirated milk or formula? I was reading on the 3 to 6 month board about the poor little girl that had to go to the hospital. I feel like I should know this, but I don't. Do coughing fits indicate that it has happened. 

I should be banned from reading posts like that because I start to really worry. My son coughs like he has swallowed something and is choking a couple times a day. I thought it was normal due to the excessive amount of salvia he produces. TIA

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How do you know...?

• I'd like to know too. DS also coughs a lot throughout the day...now I'm worried!!
      Funny Friendship Ecard: The doctor said I needed to start drinking more wine. Also, I'm calling myself 'the doctor' now.   Funny Confession Ecard: I have a constant internal battle about whether to be classy or give zero fucks.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You would know if your baby was actually choking. No sound comes out. I can't say it enough, it's important to take an infant/ pedi CPR class. Than you will know what to do if it happens.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagecampbaby76:
    You would know if your baby was actually choking. No sound comes out. I can't say it enough, it's important to take an infant/ pedi CPR class. Than you will know what to do if it happens.

I need to retake mine. For some reason I had a total emotional breakdown during ours and couldn't even touch the CPR dummy.

• So, it would be more like he is actually choking. Everything I read made it sound like when you start coughing after something has gone down "the wrong pipe" and ends up in you lungs. I took infant CPR so I know what to do when my son is choking or stops breathing. What I read made it sound more like "the wrong pipe" so he would seem fine until he developed pneumonia or something else.

Maybe the class I took was not taught well and left out information. I guess  I will look into it some more. I for sure know the steps to save his life if he is not breathing or is choking

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecampbaby76:
    You would know if your baby was actually choking. No sound comes out. I can't say it enough, it's important to take an infant/ pedi CPR class. Than you will know what to do if it happens.

Yup. Noises = breathing.  

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"