3rd Trimester
Options

What are your mom/baby must haves..unprepared for my second child

Taking care of my 2 year old son, getting sub plans ready for the new school year and trying to enjoy the summer, i feel like I have not really "prepared" for my second child. So i need some help. If you were to go into labor now what are things you "must have" Thanks!

Re: What are your mom/baby must haves..unprepared for my second child

• Options
    I really want a moby wrap this go around. I think it is a must for me to be able to go to the grocery store or out with both kids.
  • Options

This is my second as well....my must haves are a swing and a rocking chair. I don't know how I could have survived those sleepless nights when nothing soothed my daughter except the swing. This time around I have a lot nicer swing so I'm excited to use it, hopefully this baby likes it as well!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am a blogger, and since I am 30 weeks I am doing a BIG Virtual Baby shower this week and next with 16 product reviews, Top 10 lists and a HUGE Giveaway.

In answer to your question, here's my post about Top 10 Things you need for Baby (all under $35)

https://www.thesuburbanmom.com/2011/08/01/top-10-baby-registry-items-under-35/

All of the posts from the baby shower though 8/12 will go here - https://www.thesuburbanmom.com/category/virtual-baby-shower/ 

You can find the giveaway here if you are interested - https://www.thesuburbanmom.com/virtual-baby-shower/ 

Hope that helps! :) 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well lets see besides extra sleep, you will need clothes for LO, a place for LO to sleep, love and you . This is my fifth child so I also decided to get a swing and a booster seat/highchair combo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options

lots of burp cloths, bouncy seat, some kind of baby carrier (bjorn, moby etc). 

Things I went out and bought for this baby:

bra pads, breast milk storage bags, new bottle nipples, pacifiers, diapers, vaseline, pads for me, motrin for me.  I think that's about it.

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options

imagecarolinagirl220:
    I really want a moby wrap this go around. I think it is a must for me to be able to go to the grocery store or out with both kids.

Ditto this!!!  I had another "moby like" wrap with DD but it wasn't stretchy. I actually bought a Moby last week when someone posted they were on sale on walgreens.com. I can't wait to play with it :)  I hope I remember how to wrap!!

imageimageimage
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

We are looking into getting a bassinet if needed. DD#1 and this baby DD#2 will share a room. If this baby wakes a bunch at night she will have to stay with us for a bit so she doesn't mess with DD#1's sleep.

We also got an extra bouncer so we could have one on both levels of the house.

I am going to make a Moby style wrap here so I can wear this baby when we are out and about. We didn't want to waste the money on a double stroller yet in case DD#1 starts to want to walk more and more. She is almost 3 so its a possiblity.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"