April 2011 Moms

This is the weekend...

We are breaking the swaddle.  She's starting to attempt rolling from her back to her tummy and I know it's time.  We are also going to transition her to her own room in her crib.  I may need a lot of hand holding.

Re: This is the weekend...

• Good luck!!! My LO hated swaddling so thank goodness no need to break that.  I'm not ready to move him to his own room.  I wish you the best!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had texted DH earlier today that the swaddle had to go.  She has rolled tummy to back quite a few times and is determined to roll from back to tummy and spends the majority of the day practicing.  I'm dreading it, but it's time.  GL to you!  I'll have to check in and see how it's going over the weekend.  And as far as the transition to the crib and her room, we did that almost two months ago.  It was honestly harder on me.  She slept ten straight hours her first night in there, despite having fought going down for naps in her crib leading up to the move. 
  • We're dipping our toes into the deswaddling pool right now, too.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Back story: Rolled on tummy in woombie on Sunday night ... freaked me out even though she has good neck control and cried because she was stuck and mad! Swaddled naps and night since day 1 because of twitchy arms that keep her awake. Dreading de-swaddling.

Sleepsack attempt: FAIL.

1 arm out of woombie: Best sleep yet! Harder to get her down but once in crib, slept soundly and arm did not smack her in the face like I thought. Rolled onto her side and slept like a dream. Total disbelief.

1 arm out of woombie, 2nd released at 3am feed: She fell asleep in her crib with a little shushing and bum patting - have aliens invaded LO's body?! Up for a couple feeds but slept 8pm-9am! My jaw is still on the floor.

Wish us luck tonight, maybe de-swaddling will go better than you expect!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemisssurly:

Back story: Rolled on tummy in woombie on Sunday night ... freaked me out even though she has good neck control and cried because she was stuck and mad! Swaddled naps and night since day 1 because of twitchy arms that keep her awake. Dreading de-swaddling.

Sleepsack attempt: FAIL.

1 arm out of woombie: Best sleep yet! Harder to get her down but once in crib, slept soundly and arm did not smack her in the face like I thought. Rolled onto her side and slept like a dream. Total disbelief.

1 arm out of woombie, 2nd released at 3am feed: She fell asleep in her crib with a little shushing and bum patting - have aliens invaded LO's body?! Up for a couple feeds but slept 8pm-9am! My jaw is still on the floor.

Wish us luck tonight, maybe de-swaddling will go better than you expect!!

Hope it continues!  I always love to hear the deswaddling success stories

• brave woman! 

LO rolls from his tummy to his back constantly and is working hard on rolling from his back to tummy (mainly just gets on his side and stops), but he doesn't roll at all during the night or naps when he's swaddled so I haven't thought about deswaddling him... but it scares me!  He twitches like crazy even in the swaddle.

• we de-swaddled about two weeks ago.. LO is fine but she sucks her fingers so loud! I attempted to move her to her crib but DH missed her so much that after two days we brought her back to the pnp next to our bed (which is fine since I'm still breastfeeding her at 3am).  I think I'm going to try the crib again this weekend? I can't sleep with how loud she sucks her fingers, its crazy!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"